Gabriella -- a strong yet graceful feminine form of Gabriel -- is on the rise, given to more than five thousand baby girls last year, with the double L spelling more popular. For more variations of Gabriella, see Gabriela, the Spanish spelling..
Gabriella has been on the U.S. Top 1000 list since 1984, entering the Top 100 in 2000, while the single 'l' spelling is at 201. It also riding on a wave of popularity in Canada and Australia.
Gabriella was a major character on High School Musical, and real life namesakes include poet Gabriela Mistral and tennis champ Gabriela Sabatini. The French version is Gabrielle.
Lists containing Gabriella:
- Girly Girl Baby Names
- If You Like Isabella, You Might Love...
- The Exoticizer
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Athlete Baby Names
- If You Like Alexandra, You Might Love...
- If You Like Gabriella, You Might Love...
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Baby Names That Mean Strong