This Irish name pronounced ay-mon was popularized in the U.S. by early president of the independent republic Eamon de Valera (birth name George), who was born in the United States to an Irish mother and a Cuban father. Eamon definitely has possibilities as a successor to the epidemically popular Aidan/Aiden.
Though it may be an older generation name in Ireland, it would sound fresh elsewhere.
The original spelling of the name is Eamonn.
Lists containing Eamon:
- If You Like Edward, You Might Love...
- If You Like Ethan, You Might Love...
- Vowel Baby Names for Boys
- If You Like Braden, You Might Love...
- Irish Baby Names for Boys
- 100+ Classic Boys’ Baby Names — below the Top 1000