Long relegated to an Olde World backwater, the European-flavored Clara has been heading up the charts on sleeker sister Claire's coattails for the past few decades. Now, many would say the vintage chic Clara is the more stylish of the two names. Actor Ewan McGregor was an early celebrity adopter of the name for one of his daughters.
Clara has been a popularity list stalwart; now at Number 151, its highest point since 1947, it was a Top 10 name in the 1880's, at one time associated with the silent screen 'It girl,' Clara Bow.
Lists containing Clara:
- Girls' Names Trendier Than You Think
- If You Like Josephine, You Might Love...
- Girls' Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Good Girls
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Old Lady Names
- If You Like Alice, You Might Love...
- Hollywood Glamour Girl Names
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Vintage Baby Names
- Heroine Baby Names
- Perennially Popular Girl Baby Names
- Christmas Baby Names
- Steampunk Baby Names
- College Baby Names
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names