Audrey is one of the girls' names that have been rising due to their connection to Old Hollywood glamour--in this case the eternally chic and radiant Audrey Hepburn. Audrey continues to rise, up to Number 36 in 2014 and primed to move even higher. Celebs who have chosen Audrey include Greg Kinnear, Steve Zahn, and Faith Hill & Tim McGraw.
St. Audrey was a sixth century saint who was particularly revered in the Middle Ages. Shakespeare bestowed her name on a rustic character in As You Like It.
A current representative is the French actress Audrey Tautou--who made her mark in Amelie, The Da Vinci Code, and as Coco Chanel--and who shares some of the charm of Audrey Hepburn.
Lists containing Audrey:
- Girl Names Trendier Than You Think
- Girl Names That Mean Brave or Powerful
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- If You Like Ava, You Might Love...
- Hollywood Glamour Girl Names
- Heroine Baby Names
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- A+ Baby Names
- Baby Names That Mean Strong
- Shakespearean Names
- Saints' Names for Girls