Angelica is by far the choicest form of the angelic names -- more delicate than Angelina, more feminine than Angel, more modern than Angela. But though Angelica is so lacy and poetic, it lags behind the bolder Angelina (probably for obvious reasons).
Angelica was introduced to England from Italy in the seventeenth cenury, and is heard in early poetry and plays, including Romeo and Juliet.
Anjelica is a variant spelling, as in Anjelica Huston.
Lists containing Angelica:
- Names Girls Love Having
- Girly Girl Baby Names
- If You Like Isabella, You Might Love...
- Good Girls
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- If You Like Alexandra, You Might Love...
- If You Like Gabriella, You Might Love...
- Princess Names
- Angel Names
- Christmas Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Inspirational Baby Names