Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Olive - I just think this is really ugly. I like it's vibes, but I just can't love it. Plus I'm an Olivia, so I just think it sounds too much like a new vintage-y alternative, like parents wanting to use Addison but choosing Adelaide instead just to be ironically 'cooler'.

Eloise - I think it's hideous, really, I do. I know loads of Eloises in the UK.

Gemma - Loads of American people on Nameberry seem to really love this, but in the UK it's dated and dull.

Cecily

Margo - Granted, this one has been on and off my list a few times. I REALLY REALLY want to love it, but I don't. Sometimes I think I try and force myself to like it, but I can't.

Fiona - I think this is actually quite ugly. I know a lot in the UK.

Lola - Again, I know lots of Lolas in the UK (even a few in their teens) I see the appeal, but I've had a couple of bad experiences. I suppose that isn't the name's fault, though!

Erin - I personally think this is really ugly and masculine sounding. Lots of people on Nameberry seem to really like it, but to me it sounds awful.

Avery and Emery - SO awful. You couldn't pay me to name my child either of these. Really, I can't stand them.

Claire - Dull. Dull beyond belief. I do adore Clara, on the other hand.

Lydia - Horrible. I really don't like it.

Sorry if this just seemed like a 'slate all the names you can think of' post, but I just don't get Nameberry's obsession with some names.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)