Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Gideon Scott & Harper Grace Burtka-Harris

I agree that the two names are a really odd combo

Gideon is ok but it's not my favourite Biblical name. It always reminds me of what a child might say to a horse ( "giddy-up"). Scott is a strange pairing to say the least. Harper Grace is ok but not with Gideon. Very odd combination of names for twins. Perhaps these guys should have asked the Nameberries for some great sibset suggestions before their final choices!!! Ha Ha! Alicia Keys named her son Egypt which seems more feminine to me. Oh well, the whims of celebrities....
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Gideon is great and very refreshing! I'm not a fan of Harper, though. At all. It's very trendy among celebrities, and I think it's way too masculine and reminiscent of harpies. Not a great match.
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Just noticed ....Harper Harris is not a good match even if Burtka is in the middle! AR AR ER ER!!!!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Obviously in the minority -- I think Gideon Scott is a GREAT pairing (I like the lyrical Gideon with the curt Scott), and I really like Gideon with Harper. The reason being Harper is definitely a girl's name IMO but a more unisex (ie tomboyish) girl's name, and Gideon while clearly a boys name, is not at all a macho boy's name. So I think the 2 are lovely together.

And her name isn't Harper Harris, it's Harper Burtka-Harris.