Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which one is your favourite?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marlowe Elizabeth

9 27.27%
  • Ivy Elizabeth

23 69.70%
  • Irelyn Elizabeth

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Still sleepless - and time is running out!

Hmmm....I just voted for Ivy Elizabeth even though the ee sound at the end of Ivy runs into the ee sound at the beginning of Elizabeth. Then I read Rollo's comment, and now I'm reconsidering. The thing is, I would love the name Ivy on someone else but not on myself. And if I couldn't handle being named Ivy, then how can I recommend it? It would be cute on a little girl, but people do grow up. I think Marlowe Elizabeth would be better. Marlowe isn't my style, but it has a soft, pleasing sound and I could handle being named Marlowe, well at least for a while. I am so picky about names. Anyway, I think Marlowe is the better choice.

I love Marlowe with Ellery and Oliver! In addition to others who are saying that I wouldn't want to be called Ivy myself, I think it is too similar in sound to both Ellery and Oliver. All together the three names seem very tongue-twistery to me--all the L's, V's, I's and Y's. I think Marlowe fits very well with Ellery's style and is still unique enough for the third child to feel special.

Thanks for all the comments ladies. I've been on many names sites and a couple of message boards and I've been asked resently why I'm sooooo looking for an answer. Made me think! ;O) The reason we are looking for an "answer" is we are just looking for outside opinions. We tell no one - not friends or family so we sometimes feel too close to the names and wonder what others think of our choices. Yes I do know that I have to love it - but want a name that the outside world thinks is beautiful too - you know! I took Ivy off, because we really decided that we don't like that name even though others do. We really are stuck with the other two.

Love that Marlowe is soooo unique like Ellery, but wonder if "she" will feel that she has the less pretty name. That's the BIGGEST fear with this name.
    Irelyn we feel is just as pretty and like that it starts with a Vowel, and that it looks better with Oliver and Ellery.

But.... we "like" Marlowe better. So we feel Marlowe is our pick, but are/were hoping that people would change our minds and fall in love with Irelyn that would give us the last little nudge to go with it - because bottom line we like that one too a lot.

On Nameberry the clear winner between these two names is Marlowe, but on a completely different site the clear winner is Irelyn. How confusing ;O)!!!!!

I know I should just go with my gut, but at the moment my gut is looking for other guts to help it out! ;O)

Thanks for listening girls. Maybe time will sort it all out - Oh wait I don't have that either ;O)

Don't doubt yourself you have named your other children beautifully.

I think Marlowe HAS to be the name for all the reasons I mentioned before.

I don't think Irelyn is that nice. (Sorry, I feel like I am walking on glass here as I don't want to hurt your feelings.)

Doesn't 'ire' mean anger? I wouldn't want that word in my baby's name.

Good luck and Merry Christmas
    Psalm 23

I am concerned about the "ire" in Irelyn, too. Ire means angry.