Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Poll Poster cited with Poll Title?

Quote Originally Posted by karen
    Also to bring up another thread I made about profiles, if we could click on someone's name, we could search on threads they started in some system of chronology (ascending or descending). I do this on other forums, and I think you are using the same basic format to implement this. That way, if someone has abandoned their first thread and moved on to refine their choices in another thread or updates or "starting from scratch," we can find the latest thread from that person instead of responding in a dead thread that got bumped to the top. We can also read the older threads to get a background on some information that wasn't carried to the newer threads, you know, catch up on the whole story as it may be assumed we'd been following from the beginning, so as not to repeat discarded advice, or make suggestions that disregard some other personal circumstances. Sometimes posters make several threads and it's easy to forget this is the same person who already has these children who was looking for a certain kind of name, and they shouldn't have to repeat themselves and provide a synopsis just to keep everyone's story straight. There are so many people posting now, and it takes time to make a recognizable impression.

Please?
    This is a fabulous idea! I was thinking about how useful having a "profile" for each poster would be. Maybe we could add a little info but also see where we have posted lately would be great. It's hard to keep track sometimes!