Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frazier

Frazier

What do you think of Frazier on a boy? I generally don't adhere to the surnames-as-firsts trend, but lately this one has been jumping out at me.

I was mentally pronouncing it as fray-zjhur: you know, with that bizarre French sound that never seemed to quite make its way into the English language, like the "j" in Frère Jacques. French speakers, correct me if I'm wrong.
    - Elise -

- lists under construction -

I think you have the pronunciation right, that's how I say it at least. There is an american sit com that ran for a very long time called Frazier, it started kelcey Grammar and there was a small dog in it. It was an odd show but very popular. It was a spinoff of a show about a bar I think? It ended a few years back. I had a toy dog called Frazier as a child though and I called him Frazier as well, not sure why i must have thought it was a good name. My other dog was called mr patches so ??? Anyway I think its usable as a first name, you will have to correct people in some countries and tell Americans no not like that television show but there are things with every name. Its easier to see what you'll think of a name if you say it a lot. That's one that you'll need to say a few times. Not like David. Because you hear David a lot likely but some names need to be heard a bit to get a feel for them.

I love the name Frazier but I'm afraid it will always be associated with the TV show Frasier. Although in the future it may not be as big of an issue as people start to forget about it. (Honestly, I loved the show and that's one of the reasons I like the name Frasier so much) Frazier is such a classy and sophisticated name and definitely wearable as a first name. I think it'll just come down to if the TV show association is a deal breaker for you or not.
    Last edited by emily_rose; August 20th, 2014 at 08:37 PM.

If I can name my daughter Felicity, then you can use Frazier! I think it gives a certain bonus to a name, as people liked the show, they then like the person wearing the name lol. Kind of silly but I find it true.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

I shld mention my son is named Archer and that is yet another show!
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)