Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: #2 is a girl!

#2 is a girl!

DH and I found out this weekend we are having another girl - which is absolutely wonderful - but girls' names are so hard for us. With our first daughter (Amelia Noelle) we went to the hospital with a list of 2 possible first names. This time we've agreed on a few possibilities but none of them seem like "the name". Paige seems to have mainly fallen into the middle name category but it still seems so 'not right'. Our last name makes C, K, and Q names hard to pair with it. What can you suggest Berries?

So far on our list is:
    Definite Possibilities:
    Alexandra
    Audrey
    Paige
    Caitlin

Either DH (mostly) or I am not sure about:
    Auden
    Spencer
    Seeley (this would be an homage to my maiden name)
    Elliott
    Guinevere
    Taryn
    Cambrie
    Teagan
    Shannon
    Bayleigh
    Everly

Middle Name Possibilities only:
    Winter
    Karlee (DH dad middle name was Karl)
    Quinn
    Wife to James - 9/6/03
    Momma to Amelia "Mia" Noelle - 12/26
    Expecting a surprise surprise - 12/7/14

If you're going for matchy, I think Amelia Noelle and Alexandra Winter are beautiful.

If you just want complimentary, I'd go with Everly Winter (more subtle link of mns.) Both girl names seem very 'now' and girly.

If you don't care about matching at all, I like Shannon Karlee. Amelia still fits with Shannon, it brings out the Irish roots and makes the set more classic.
    Love love talking names... my 'style' is more classic but I do love some surprising choices too...
    DD1 born April 2013 has a mainstream name honouring 4 lines of her heritage + 2 mns (2nd is my surname)

It depends what you like and if you want to go down the same letter route. If so, I really like Amelia Noelle and Audrey Paige.

However, if you're trying to stay clear of that route, then I suggest Amelia Noelle and Caitlin Guinevere.

I do also really love the spelling Bayleigh for the name Bailey (I'm not sold on the Bailey spelling) but I would stay clear of it. Maybe it's just me wanting to be on the safe side but Bayleigh looks awfully 'teen mom' compared to Amelia Noelle and the 'correct' (if I can even call it that without coming off ignorant), more traditional spellings of said names. Baylee is a nice alternative to Bailey without the name looking tacky and, if you like Baylee, I suggest Baylee Paige or Baylee Caitlin (I'd make sure the middle name was 100% feminine).

I fully second schickler:

Shannon Karlee & Everly Winter are my favorites on your list, and go very well with Amelia Noelle, while still open-ended enough that each are unique and individual (and it would be easy to add another to the sibset, should you have more kids!)

Good luck!

You've got some beautiful choices on your list!

I love Audrey Winter, Alexandra Quinn, and Caitlin Elliott.

My suggestions for you are:
    Audra
    Alice
    Celia
    Evelyn
    Elise
    Eliza
    Nora
    Meredith
    Stella

Best of luck!