Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    My name is Ashley, so I never have any problems with pronunciation. I generally don't have issues with spelling, but I am asked how it is spelled often because of the similar popularity of Ashlee/Ashleigh/Ashli. I honestly enjoy having a common name. It's fun to meet someone and realize you have the same name - instant bond, even if it does begin surface-level. It is also helpful because I work in missions with people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds and Ashley is generally comfortable for all of them. I have never been more grateful for my name than when I was serving Hispanic families with my pal Arienne and one of the women told her that her name was difficult, but picked mine right up.

That said, even some common names have pronunciation and spelling issues. My best friend's name is Breann and it is misheard as Breanna so often that she goes exclusively by Bree now, which almost always requires a repeat upon meeting someone, even though it is common.
    Ashley l Christian l Journalist

Lorelei Anne, Hermione Iris, Rosalind Cora

Phineas Reid

My name is Sarah--easy enough, right? It gets spelled horribly: not just Sara but Sahra, Shara, even Sahara. And it's as common as dirt, so by the rules you're proposing it would be lose-lose. Since I have to spell it anyway, along with my equally common last name, I might as well have something a bit more distinctive.

I can't imagine what names would be spelled correctly consistently; maybe Mike and Mary, but I wouldn't even bet on that.

I've grown up having to spell both my first and last names, even though they're not unusual. This has never bothered me much. My first name is not quite common among people my age and I've always been glad I wasn't one of the many Jennifers or Ashleys at my school. I think the perfect name is rare but still familiar, like Jude, Gideon, Camille or Ramona. For my daughter, I'm leaning towards a long feminine name, that she can shorten to a spunky nickname. Also, I'm personally fond of object names like Violet, Autumn,, Dune or Quill. I know they aren't for everyone, but I find them unique but familiar. The best names have a story or history behind them "Story" is a cute name too!
    Last edited by cheex223; April 4th, 2014 at 07:24 PM.

Frankly, this is a little outlandish. My name is Madison (probably one of the most commonly known names in the USA currently) and it's still been misspelled and misheard so many times. For spellings, I've gotten Maddison, Madisyn, Madyson, Maddyson, Mattison, Madisen... the possibilities are endless. People have heard my name and heard Madeleine (mad-uh-LEIN), Madelyn (mad-uh-LYN), Madigan, and Addison.
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elizabeth Verona (Evie), Aurora Lea (Rorie), Briar Magdalene, Seraphine Dahlia, Annabeth Violet, Elysia Quinn, Stella Rose, Freya Maeve, Gwendolyn Saige

Micah Haley, Donovan Reece, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Alexei Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier

Today's Crushes: Coraline and Finn

I couldn't even participate in this. I don't like anything you can order with your name on it in Starbucks : ( My tea comes in a cup and saucer at Costa Coffee.

I would very much like to see what they do with Ren though. Someone try it for me, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.