Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Completely desperate for a name here

I'm working on a supernatural-based story, and one of the female characters is proving INCREDIBLY hard to name. She's a berserker, basically a crazy-fierce warrior, and she's sort of a serious stoic type. If it helps give anyone any ideas at all, her ancestry is mixed Abenaki Native American and Norse. I've tried everything from Freya to Sara and nothing feels right AT ALL. Please send help.

Zora
    Kiranda
    Riese
    Pilar

I hope that helps, I don't really know that much about Norse or Abenaki names. Just thought these ones might fit!

Girls Top 10:
    Sonnet, Penelope, Evangeline, Maisie, Lexington, Fable, Cricket, Sailor, Seraphina, Thea

Boys Top 10:
    Hendrix, Roarke, Castle, Stellan, Cohen, Maximum, Calvary, Atticus, Hawk, Canaan

Guilty Pleasure-
    Boy: Kohl, Falcon, Myles, Flynnigan, Brave
    Girl: Tigerlily, Larkspur, Tinleigh, Emerson, Maddox

teenberry, equestrian, second youngest of 9 girls
    FurMommy to Bleu the yorkie!

Eldreth
    Laronique (Lair-Ah-Neek)
    Iana (Ey-Anna)
    Solstice

I think in books it's best to use names that either a) people know or b) are easy to pronounce so that even if people don't know them, they know how to pronounce it.
    Examples of a: Beatrice "Tris" Divergent, Caleb Divergent, Lucy/Susan The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe, Alice - Alice in Wonderland
    Examples of b: Katniss Hunger Games, Rue Hunger Games, Peeta Hunger Games, Petra Ender's Game, Andrew "Ender" Ender's game.

So it depends which one you want her to fit into.

I sort of like to write as well, and I find that my characters, if I wait long enough, tell me their own name. So I suggest you sit back, relax, and give this girl a few days to come to you with her name. If she doesn't, you could look up Norse names, or Warrior names and try to find one that fits in either a or b.
    Henry, Viola, Ronan, Kayla, Wyatt & Tessa

Ginny, Jane, Leora, Eve, Bridget, Isla
    Adler, Gideon, Charlie, Atticus, Hugo, Caleb