Results 1 to 5 of 18
March 23rd, 2014 11:52 AM #1
Select your favourite middle name for...
Just trying to put together a list, which do you like best from each? Sorry for the tricky pronunciations, but they're mainly Gaelic names that are recognized (even popular) in the UK...
1) Imogen Lettice* - Imogen Ethel - Imogen Rosemary (Lettice is luh-TEESE)
2) Agnes Amelia – Agnes Beatrix
3) Ailbhe Constance - Ailbhe Beatrix - Ailbhe Clementine (Ailbhe is pronounced like Alva)
4) Eilidh Briar – Eilidh Fenella – Eilidh Beatrix (Eilidh is AY-lee)
5) Jemima Clementine – Jemima Agnes – Jemima Constance
6) Clementine Margaret – Clementine Eilidh – Clementine Briar – Clementine Clara
7) Could you also please choose your favourite(s) out of:
Geraldine Eirys (Welsh word for Iris, said the same)
Twila Evelyn (tWILL-ah, not TWY-lah) - I'm also considering spelling Evelyn the Gaelic way, Eibhlin.
Thank you! Sorry for the multitude of posts, recently!
Last edited by oliviasarah; March 23rd, 2014 at 12:19 PM.★ close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon
unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)
March 23rd, 2014 12:02 PM #3
Seraphina Margaret (Seraphina is a long time favorite and I think Margaret brings it down to Earth from it's frilly, candy floss clouds.)
Beatrix Briar (Alliteration and assonance in naming is so underrated.)
Twila Evelyn (Twila is definitely a name crush of mine. Evelyn sounds lovely with it!)
loco for rococo
loves: Vespera, Venus, Thisbe, Zula
Napoleon, Percival, Tavish, Sverre, Vega
* ✶ ✶
✫ ✶ *
March 23rd, 2014 12:10 PM #5Happily married, lifelong name nerd currently in medical schoolNot expecting any little ones anytime soon, just looking for some naming fun!
March 23rd, 2014 12:18 PM #7Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
If you love unusual and remarkable names, use them!
Melody Elysia, Belle Seraphina, Freya Elysant, Briony Rosaline, Aurora Cecily, Charlotte Romilly
Leon Percival, Tyr Edmund, Magnus Oberon, Finn Beowulf, Tristan Gilbert, Gawain Elliot
You can trust me!
March 23rd, 2014 12:20 PM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
1) Imogen Rose (sorry, had to nix Mary...it's personal)
2) Agnes Beatrix
3) Ailbhe Clementine (Ailbhe is pronounced like Alva)
4) Eilidh Beatrix (Eilidh is AY-lee)
5) Jemima Clementine
6) Clementine Eilidh
7) I like these names, but not the combos: Eirys (Welsh word for Iris, said the same), Sybilla, Clementine, Seraphina