Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Replacing Savannah?

Last night, I made a post in regards to some girls names that would go nicely with Savannah as sisters, and, in all honesty, I didn't think I'd be given opinions on the name itself, but regardless, I did, and they weren't all nice. I was told that Savannah is 'low-class', which is what a lot of people seem to think about my own name, and my sister's name. I haven't seen it as 'low-class' but then again, it's rarely used where I live (I've met one in my whole life), and I think of the Queen's great granddaughter, Savannah Anne Kathleen (Maybe Savannah's classy in England?).

Anyways, the 'low-class' comment really got to me - I hated my own name for being 'low-class' or 'trailer trash', so I don't want it for my own kids when I have them. Zuzanna is nice, but everyone would mistake her for Susanna(h), so it's mainly a GP name. Saoirse would be next in line, but the pronunciation and spelling issues are holding me back.

What name can I replace Zuzanna, Savannah and Saoirse with?
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

Aw, poor Savannah! I love the name Savannah, it has stayed in my good graces despite any popularity or cultural criticisms. But if you're sure it must go, then I guess it must go.

Zuzanna --> Sena, Senia, Zelda, Zelia, Sanna, Zanna, Zia
    Savannah --> Samara, Sabrina, Valencia, Vera, Seraphina, Sierra, Sena, Senia
    Saoirse --> Sasha, (see Savanna suggestions as well)

I tried to match in sound. I would try some style equivalents, but I don't have time right now. Some of these might not be your style, sorry!
    ~ Larissa

Araminta Lark
    Seraphina Daisy ~ Waverly Claire
    Zelda Marjorie ~ Romilly Violet ~ Cecily Darling
    Snow Evangeline ~ Marigold Francesca ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by larkub101 View Post
    Aw, poor Savannah! I love the name Savannah, it has stayed in my good graces despite any popularity or cultural criticisms. But if you're sure it must go, then I guess it must go.

Zuzanna --> Sena, Senia, Zelda, Zelia, Sanna, Zanna, Zia
    Savannah --> Samara, Sabrina, Valencia, Vera, Seraphina, Sierra, Sena, Senia
    Saoirse --> Sasha, (see Savanna suggestions as well)

I tried to match in sound. I would try some style equivalents, but I don't have time right now. Some of these might not be your style, sorry!
    I love Savannah too, and I'm not sure I want it to go, but I disliked being told my name was 'low-class' so I'm not sure on it :/ I like Zelia, Seraphina and Sabrina though, and Vera's a family name for me, so that might work into a combo somewhere too.
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; January 27th, 2014 at 08:36 AM.
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

I saw that comment about Savannah being low-class. I couldn't disagree more. I'm from California, USA and I have been to Savannah, Georgia and I can assure you that the city is pure class.

There is not much middle class there. It's people struggling vs. old money. But the city has a charm and an old world southern appeal seldom found anywhere else. It's all about what you are exposed to... if you meet one trashy person with a certain name of course it can ruin a name for you.

I would keep Savannah, honestly. But if you want suggestions:

Sabrina (the name we are using ourselves)
    Suzanne (maybe a little dated... but you get an s and a z)
    Suzanna (like I said, a little of both)
    Zuzanne (Just say Suzanne with a Z.. I really like Zuzanna from the start)
    Xandra
    Xandria
    Zandra
    Zandria

Of the new suggestions... I really like Xandra. WDYT?

Dang by the time I hit send all my ideas were taken! lol