Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In need of help with naming our first

It looks like we're going to have a baby this year and of course like for any real name lover the first question on my mind is, what are we going to name him(/her)? I know there is plenty of time to think about it, but I also know it's going to be a long process, for me especially... The hubby would be ok with just finding a few names we like ok and picking one once the bundle arrives... It can be a blessing or a curse having a partner that doesn't get too worked up about names, I get fairly free hands in choosing a name, but he's also not much help narrowing down the list and finding THE name.

I am not at all sure, what is my naming style yet, I feel like it's a bit all over the place. I like hundreds of names for both sexes. And it took a difficult process to come up with some kind of a suggestive list of my favorites for an actual baby and even so I'm not sure if these names are it, there are some many lovely names out there, but we've got to start somewhere!

If it makes any difference, last name starts with an A, ends with a consonant and is 2 syllables long. We're currently located in Europe, but though we might still live here when they are born, they are going to be raised in Canada.

List of possible first names for a baby boy:

August
    Heron
    Zephyr
    Cedric
    Byron
    Eleazar
    Eben/Ebenezer
    Peregrine
    Ignatius
    Thaddeus
    Leonidas
    Leander
    Finnian
    Sorrel
    Cyprian
    Indigo
    Caspian
    Caspar
    Aurelius
    Octavius
    Ivo
    Sasha
    Evander
    Everett
    River
    Lucian
    Sylvan
    Orion
    Percy
    Ephraim
    Clive
    Archibald
    Eamon
    Isidore
    Stellan
    Fergus
    Phineas
    Samson
    Forrest
    January
    Flynn
    Eliseo
    Amadeus
    Piet
    Gulliver
    Ernest
    Oberon
    Sequoia
    Felix
    Remy
    Lionel

We plan on giving the child one middle name, feel free to pair the names with ones on the list or others if you'd like! And suggestions are always welcome!
    Help me get this process started!
    Love,
    Zelda

Baby Cosima,
    expected to arrive in or around September

I love the names Sylvan, August, Amadeus, Flynn, Eamon, Everett.

I like the names Cyprian,( would prefer Cyrus or Cyprus ) , January, River, Evander, Leander, and Zephyr...I prefer January on a girl, and River and Zephyr I would use in the middle spot.
    if you want to use Zephyr, have you thought about Zephaniah? Zephyr, Zephan, as nicknames?
    You may like Zachariah, with the nn rye, Aries, or since you like Zephyr you may also like:

Roman, Lennox, leo as a nn or full name, Landry, Auburn, Alaric with the nn Ace, Paxton! which means peace town, or Quentin.

these could work:

Sylvan Amadeus
    Sylvan August, although Sylvan Augustus would flow better
    Leander Flynn
    Leander Amadeus
    Flynn Amadeus
    Flynn Octavius

I'm a thirteen year old writer with a name obsession.

Viola•Alice•Helena•Artemis•Bianca
    •Lita•Sabrina•Estelle•Lucienne•Petra

Ciel•Eren•Levi•Augustine•Ezra
    •Finnian•Luka•Felix•Xavier•Caspian

Oh dear what a long list. I can see the beauty in almost all of these names, so it would help to know a little more about what you're going for.
    I'd eliminate Indigo, January and Sequoia (not substantial enough), Sasha and Percy (too nicknameish), Stellan (slightly trendy sounding), Eliseo and Piet (too whispy) unless you're genuinely obsessed with Mondrian in which case Piet makes the cut. Gulliver and Amadeus are one-man names, and Gulliver feels a bit like a celebrity-baby name to me, since Gary Oldman chose it for his son. Ebenezer is over the top but also so fabulous that I can't toss it on the trash heap.

Ashleyjuliette, unfortunately I don't really care much for Zephaniah, just love Zephyr on it's own... But I do like Zachariah a lot and it's on my longer list. And Alaric, Lennox and Quentin too! From your suggested combos I love Sylvan Augustus and Flynn Octavius! Thank you!

Sorciereblanche, I do like Augustus, but love August more, especially as a first name. Everett Finnian and Stellan Everett are great! Thanks!

Thank you emmabobemma! The problem is, I really don't know what I'm going for. It's our first and I just really don't know what would be our style in names, there's just this sea of lovely names and nothing sticks out as more beautiful that the other, only momentarily I may be able to pick my favourite few, but they're never the same come the next moment... I could list all the reasons why I/we like each name, but with so many names, that'd be very time consuming. I'd like to narrow down the list a bit before doing that... Your feedback has been very helpful. I guess your opinions on the names and hearing what you would think if you met a little boy/a grown man with any of these names, is what could be helpful at this point, maybe...
    Love,
    Zelda

Baby Cosima,
    expected to arrive in or around September