Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brother for Iris

We're expecting another baby, a sibling for Iris Evelyn. We will not be finding out the sex, but girls names I find much easier! So I'm here to ask for help with boys names. I like classic and short boys' names. If Iris was a boy, she would have been Gus or George. I suppose Gus isn't very "classic" but it's short and masculine and we just liked it (and liked that it wasn't popular). Still like it, but I don't like that both Iris and Gus would end in S, so Gus is out. George, well, the royal baby makes it hard for me to love, as it's no doubt going to be so popular now. I'm not very fond of more trendy boys' names (Caden, Asher, etc). More the Jack/Henry/Charlie variety (names that have been around forever) - but something that isn't on the top of the popularity list.

Would love any and all suggestions!

I like Iris and Gus together! The fact that they both end in S doesn't bother me.

If you like Gus, what about Guy?

Single syllables:

Carl
    Graham / Graeme
    Paul
    Lee
    Rex
    Bert / Burt
    Saul
    Clive
    Frank
    Kent
    Ray
    Blair
    Clark
    Page
    Fred
    Wynn
    Lloyd
    Curt
    Hugh
    Mack
    Glen / Glenn

Others:

Felix
    August (nicknamed Gus?)
    Philip (Pip?)
    Asa
    Jasper
    Arlo
    Frederick
    Ezra
    Perry / Percy
    Arthur
    Everett
    Gideon
    Wiley
    Abram
    Emmett

My son is Donny. He's named after his grandfather Donald. It's an old-fashioned name but I am willing you won't find too many others. His middle name is Fox, Donny Fox.

What about Philip? I like Iris and Philip. Or Iris and Arthur. Or Iris and Calvin.