Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WDYT Tilden

I don't think it'll surge back in popularity. I say go for that name, it's macsuline, unusal (without being strange), and sounds nice in my book

It makes me think of the tennis player Bill Tilden, who was one of the world's top players in the 1920s.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

The husband already nixed it and said it "Sounded like a garden tool" I guess because of "Til" / Till / Tiller So I'm still on the look out for the perfect boy name.

Just curious as to where it stood with others. I like finding names that were used in the past that have made slight comebacks now. Lots of people think my first sons name is made up or whatever but it was used in the 1880's, it has history, but you'd only know it if you're a name nerd I guess haha.

Tilden!

I love this name! It reminds me of Berkeley's lovely Tilden Park.

It could be for a girl I guess - Tilda, etc.

I prefer it for a boy though.

I actually quite like it. I think Til or Tiller could be cool nicknames, but I agree with the others that it will probably get given to the girls because of the nickname Tilly.
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Tobias † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Emmet † Jasper † Harry † Hugh † Theo † Jay*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Julia ‡ Eliza ‡ Iris*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls