Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Sell me on Nancy.

What makes her attractive to you. Or not.
    Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius

Nancy is a classic. Although most of the Nancys I know are in their 40s or older, she doesn't feel as dated as Brenda or Deborah might, and I like that you wouldn't often find another baby Nancy. The name feels warm and pleasant to my ears.

Hmmm, not a huge fan. Not because it's a bit dated but because it sounds too cutesy to me. I don't like names like Chelsea either because it sounds the same way. But my older daughter does love the Fancy Nancy books and of course there is the brave and intelligent Nancy Drew. I could see a baby with the name. And I would prefer it to Annabelle or other similar currently popular names.
    Mom to... Augustine Mark "Augie", India Marie "Indie", Theodore Odell "Teddy" and Philippa Lee "Pippa"

1. warm and pleasant

2. too cutesy

3. ?
    Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius

I like Nancy's retro vibe, it's easy to spell/pronounce, and recognizable yet uncommon for younger generations (at least in the US; it's growing in popularity in the UK).
    Last edited by namefan; November 19th, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: clarification