Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Favorites! Suggestions? Opinions?

Hi there everyone!

I introduced myself over in the everything but names-category, but I just wanted to repeat that I'm thrilled to be joining this forum, and I would love to hear some reactions/suggestions from you guys!

I am not pregnant, and there's little chance of that happening anytime soon, but I've been dreaming about baby names for a long time now!
    My boys' list, however, remains painfully short. My girls' list, on the other hand, is plenty long, but I could use your help to come up with middle names to go with them! (or to combine them into good first/middle combo's)

Here goes!

(sort of in order)

Boys:
    Felix
    Elliot
    Henry
    Oscar
    Victor
    Alexander
    Charles
    Jack
    Julius
    Lucas
    Boris
    Sebastian
    Morris
    Otis

Girls:
    Sophia
    Lena
    Louisa
    Amelia
    Rosie (maybe as a nn for Rosemary, not sure)
    Alice (French pronunciation)
    Lila
    June
    Sadie
    Josephine, nn Josie
    Ruby
    Juliet
    Edith
    Helena
    Lucy/Lucie
    Nina
    Isla
    Mabel
    Matilda
    Mila
    Olivia
    Sage
    Willa
    Cassie
    Ava
    Ada
    Astrid
    Poppy
    Pippa
    Léa

I mentioned this in my other post, but to those who these lists seem a tad boring, I live in Belgium, and very few of these names are widely used around here. (Exceptions: Lucas, Victor, Lena, Nina and Olivia; those are all really popular right now)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

From your list my favorites are....

Boys: Felix, Henry, Oscar, Alexander, Charles, Sebastian

Girls: Louisa, Alice, Lila, Josephine, Helena, Isla, Mabel, Willa, Astrid

Some suggestions.......
    Amos, Abel, Arlo, Basil, Cadmus, Darius, Ferris, Gershom, Moses, Morrissey, Prescott, Rufus, Walton
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

My favorites:

Boys:
    Jack
    Henry
    Lucas
    Sebastian
    Alexander
    Elliot
    Favorite Combination: Henry Alexander

Girls ( I pretty much like them all but I'll list the top six):
    Alice
    Louisa
    Juliet
    Helena
    Josephine
    Ruby
    Favorite Combination: Juliet Helena

Boy name suggestions: Luca, Noah, Jasper, Hugo, Evander, Theo(dore), Xavier, Tristan, Jonah, Leo(n), Everett, Miles, Arthur
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

I really liked your names, both boys and girls! My favorites were Ruby, Lila, Sophia, and especially Helena. For boys, I loved Felix, Henry, Alexander, and Jack.

Combinations I put together are Mila Rosemary, Ada Josephine, Felix Alexander, Victor Sebastian, and Helena Jane.

Might I suggest these names: Jane, Katherine, Finn, Piper, Quinn, Evelyn, Leo, Caleb, Violet, Jackson, and Felicity.
    Erin; student, writer, Nerdfighter, and Ravenclaw
    Favorite names of the moment: Oceane & Aries.

My favorites from your boys list are: Henry, Victor, Alexander, Charles, and Morris. Morris is very cool and contemporary, so I really like that. But I also like the classic feel of Henry, Victor and Charles. All great options.
    I would eliminate Otis, Boris, Sebastian and Felix from your list. They just don't do anything for me. Boris I really don't like.

My favorites from your girls list are: Isla, Amelia, Juliet and Mabel. I really like the nn options for Amelia. I also like Pippa, but I would always worry about the connection to Pippa Middleton, especially if you live in Europe. But that's obviously personal preference. Pippa is cute tho
    From your girls list I would remove Astrid, Ava, Ada, Cassie, Edith, Matilda, Sadie and June.
    Astrid has no charm to it, I don't like the shortness of Ava and Ada, Cassie and Sadie seem too much like nicknames and Edith, Matilda and June just don't have any appeal to me.

I hope that helps a little. Best of luck!
    "Pretty is something you're born with. But beauty, that's an equal opportunity adjective."