Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Does anyone else feel a little pressure to please your parents with a name??

I tell my dad about names. Some of which I kind of like. I like the name Keshet which means Rainbow for a girl in Hebrew. My list of girls names seems to grow. I am thinking my name that I have wanted since I was 10 which is still a bit of a secret is on it's way out or a middle name. It is getting popular. UGGH!! I wanted to know if anyone else was getting flack from their parents? Oh and I came up with some new Hebrew girls names over night. I can't wait to see what he thinks of some of them!
    Last edited by knitfrog; October 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

No I would not tell your parents your name. My sister knows I want to name my daughter Clementine and she asked my mom what do you think of the name Clementina? Her reply? Ichs. This is why I do not involve them in my naming process. And yes, I still plan on naming her that! Once she's born she's just going it have to like it or sheket

My parents and I talk about baby names frequently, especially now since TTC has become a topic of discussion for DH and I, we are thinking beginning of next year. My Mom will actually call me with suggestions, which is nice, if I like them I tell her, if not I tell her. My Mom will tell me if she does not like a name I like, but will say, it doesn't matter what I think, when you have a child you and your husband get to name it, and the rest of us will get over it. I am glad that while my parents are interested in the naming process of my future children that at the end of the day they will accept whatever name my DH and I choose.

My husband and I made a couple of promises to his mother regarding children's names when we got married. I wouldn't necessarily say that brings a feeling of pressure, but the parameters have turned out to be more difficult as applied to girls' names than I had anticipated. So it's more of a challenge!
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

my mum and I often discuss names, and she can be brutal. She's already made it clear that she'd be over the moon if I used the following:

Harper Lillian - Lillian after her grandmother
    Madeline Charlotte/Charlotte Madeline
    Elizabeth Charlotte - her first name is Elizabeth.
    Parker Mackenzie/Parker Daniel
    Charles/Charlie William
    Liam Charles - Charles after her grandfather

Although I like Charlie, Mackenzie, William, Daniel, Parker, Charlotte, Elizabeth & Lillian, I don't adore most of them, but feel like I should use them.
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; October 24th, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"