Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Edward nn Theo.Could it work??

Hi !

I have a minor problem. I really love the nn Theo but I can't use it as a nn for Theodore ( family member) . So I was thinking about using it as a nn for Edward. Originally I would have use Dare as a nn for Edward but I think I like Theo better.

What do you think?

It's too much of a stretch?

If so could use suggest me other names besides Theodore that I can use Theo as a nn??

Thanks in advance.
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

I love both Edward and Theo equally, however it is a big stretch I don't see how Theo is a nn for Edward.
    How about Theo as the first name?
    Good luck!

It's not even a stretch, it's skipping ropes. Ted from Edward is fine because of the similar -ed, but Theo and Edward have one letter in common, and it's not even pronounced the same way.

Theron
    Theodred
    Theodosius
    Theodric
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

@ brynie :Thanks :-)
    I also think it's a bit of a stretch but I can't get Teddy from Edward so I was thinking if Theo could work too. I have thought about Theo as a stand alone but I think I like it more on a girl. I don't really know.
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Theon instead of Edward?