Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Waiting to tell..

How many of yous waited until your second trimester before announcing your pregnancy to everyone (aside from SO) and how many told people right away?

Did anyone tell their parents right away?

For those TTC, when do you plan on telling people when the time comes?
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

I've been thinking of this a lot lately as we're talking TTC. I think I'd have to tell my mom, dad, and younger brother right away since I'm lousy at hiding things. Plus my family are all big wine drinkers so I know they would be suspicious if I abstained at family dinners. I may tell a couple of close friends before the end of the first trimester just to have their support, but probably would wait to "tell the world" until after the first trimester was over.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

With my son, we told right away I just couldn't keep it to myself! Now, I have had several losses. For a couple, we told right away. For a couple, we (DH) and I kept it completely to ourselves even after the loss. And for a couple of others, we told after the loss. DH and I are still TTC, but we have both agreed that we would tell after the first sono (so, for me, that will probably be around 8ish weeks.) I won't be able to keep it to myself much longer than that. My body just tends to assume the position once prego. Lol
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

We're trying to conceive, too. We've decided to tell our immediate families (parents and siblings) straight away, but wait until twelve weeks before telling anyone else.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I waited until I was 14 weeks to tell my Mom, I told my best friend as soon as I found out. I think I was around 15-16 weeks when I told Facebook, acquaintances, extended family, etc.

With the next pregnancy, my husband and close friends will know right away. I will probably wait until 12 weeks or so to tell my Mom and the rest of my family. I'm not close to any family besides my Mom, and she just doesn't take *big* news well. She still has dreams of me joining the Peace Corp and then becoming a neurosurgeon (totally being sarcastic.) She is a feminist hippie that thinks I'm just "settling" for a boring, domestic existence with a MAN.

When we are actually trying, only my husband will know. It's easier that way, you don't get bombarded with "Are you pregnant yet?!" messages and texts. According to 2 of my friends, one has 2 kids and the other has 3, I'm "behind" and they would be super excited if I told them we were trying.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.