Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Narrowing down choices further...tell us which is the best and worst out of our list.

Two names that are set that hold significance for us both. Lydia and Atalaya (pronounced like Maya)

Forgot to enter one of our names in last poll

Lydia Ruth Atalaya Cotton
    Atalaya Lydia Ruth Cotton

Lydia Jane Atalaya Cotton
    Atalaya Lydia Jane Cotton

The best in my opinion is Lydia Ruth Atalaya Cotton. Lydia is a gorgeous, classic name. I like both Jane and Ruth, but next to Lydia, I think Ruth has the better flow.

I would put Atalaya in the middle somewhere instead of first. It looked trendy and made-up to me (sorry) and when I googled it, I saw that it's a Spanish term for a watch tower. With Spanish being a commonly spoken language not only in the US but elsewhere in the world as well, I don't think that the connection between the name/word Atalaya and 'watch tower' is a very good one. She'll also always have to spell it and pronounce it for people.
    Current loves:
    Adelaide | Antonia | Charlotte | Emilia | Estelle | Fiammetta | Isobel | Ravenna | Susannah | Ursula | Viola
    Anton | Asa | Bennett | Boone | Caspian | Ezra | Francis | Gideon | Leo | Theodore | Vincent | Winslow

Its also the name of a Castle in South Carolina thats across from Brook Green Gardens, use to go there as a child. Watch tower in itself is not a bad meaning except for its connection to Jehovahs witnesses since that is not our beliefs. Thank you for your help though, I also like Ruth.

Atalia Lydia Jane cotton gets my vote! I think it has the best flow, plus I love Atalaya as a first. It's really a stunning choice
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine

If this was my child, I would choose Lydia Jane Atalaya. I echo the previous posters concerns regarding spelling/pronunciation issues with Atalaya.

I am also a firm believer that if you love a name, use it! So despite the issues, if its "the one" then by all means go for it.

Good luck!