Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 19th, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    @Ash, well, Ragnar is way less complicated than it would seem: I'd like a nod to my Scandinavian and/or Germanic roots, and hubby likes this one, so I just might run with it because I have zero hope of him ever giving approval to another. Roderick would count as far as I'm concerned and I can't imagine what his problem is with that one; it's much more normal and isn't nn Rook the coolest? Someone around Nameberry suggested it long ago and I snagged it for my list. I'd love to use it, and I'm going to keep it around in hopes that it might grow on DH. Ragnar does have some other significance though; the "ranya" element resembles my mom's name (Randy, which she hates and would not like being passed on directly), plus nn Ron would be a nod to Mom's hero (Ronald Reagan). I like the meaning, and have admired Ragnar for awhile (it was on my long list with Pip), but it's mostly that out of my entire list of pet favorites, dh only likes Ragnar, Riordan and Ethan.
    Ahh, well, Ragnar is still pretty cool.

I went to school with a Roderick, actually! He went by Roddy (like Robbie but with a "D"), which I sort of like, because I love Brody so. I think Roddy is a bit more cuddly and cute, but Rook is seriously cool; that's undeniable.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Popped in to add Amphelisia, compliments of today's alternate blog on Tudor names. Tudor Baby Names: Avis, Avery and Griffin – Baby Name Blog - Nameberry

I like the suggestions of Seraphina, Fiona and Josephine best
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .

Ok reading more, and I had to add:
    I like Ragnar, very viking, DH would LOOOOVe it. I like Roderick nn Rook EVEN better! That's adorable.
    And I had to comment on Adelphia - anyone ever watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I call I can hear when reading that name is:
    flip-flip-flip-adelphia, flip-flip-flip-adelphia!
    Caity
    Mom of Violet Isabelle, George Quincy, & Mae Elizabeth
    In the process of adopting #4 from Haiti.
    Current Favorites:
    . Ruby Madeleine . Felicity Catherine . Beatrice Claire . Robin Marie .
    . Harvey Leopold . Albert Darcy . Ralph Montgomery . Edgar Willoughby .