Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

This is an offshoot from my other post. Particularly interested in a response from blade, but anyone who might know I would love to her from.

I got my 'period' June 3rd. It was very short, abnormally so. Only two full days, although i had normal flow. My symptoms leading up to it were abnormal, and as of June 9th I've been having waves of nausea especially in the morning but continuing all day off and on. Cooked food sounds gross. I've been snacking on random things like cheese and smoothies and toast.

ANYWAYS. I am probably fabricating all of this and just hoping I am preggers! But to be sure I want to test. Being that it is 8 days since my period ended, is it ok for me to test tonight? Or could the water, fluids, and all of those things that dilute urine still play a factor?

Just trying to figure out if I could get an accurate answer tonight or if I need to wait till the am!

When was your last period (before the June 3rd one) and how long is your period typically?

You should get an accurate reading 10 days after your period ended.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

If you're pregnant, your last "period" wasn't really a period at all (just early pregnancy bleeding) so your gestation would be calculated from your last period in May, which would mean you're over five weeks pregnant. Therefore, you could test at any time of day (with any amount of water in your system) and expect an accurate result.
    TTC #1

Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

...so what happened bostonsavvy??
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

It was a negative! Since we aren't trying I always try not to be heartbroken. But it's hard!