Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I like it as a short version for a longer name. My son's name is Wolfgang, and while I know its not a style that everyone likes, we have strong German heritage on both sides (and found out it was a family name, middle name of a great-great grandfather on my side but still, its a family name ) and it just fits him. We call him Wolfie or Wolf for short. I have always considered it as a strong name and even at times, harsh, but seeing it on my blue eyed sweet faced baby it works in a way I never thought it would work. (And the name came to my DH when we were pregnant, and we were both just drawn to it ever since)

All that to say, I like it as a part of a longer name, like Wolfgang, Wolfric or what not. But I also prefer longer names with nn's in general.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

No, I think it is way to harsh. I also think of wolves as fierce and violent... not characteristics I would want my child to embody.

I love it and variants Wolfgang and Wolfe.. I'm working on helping DH to fall in love with them too I would definately consider using it upfront but I do agree that it's big name to really pull off... Definately easier for an extroverted child with a big personality! I think Wolfgang has bit more scope for Versatality due to the Mozart connection!

I would totally use it. Would totally HAVE used it if our surname didn't begin with F. My maiden name is derived from the Basque for "wolf," so I would have loved to use it. I was thinking about using Channing or Phelan or even Rudolph (all derived from "wolf" in various languages) this time around (in my 2nd pregancy) but I just couldn't make any of them work with all of the other factors in play.
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

My grade 3 teacher's name was Wolf, pronounced the German way. He did fine with it; I don't think it's unusable.
    Lucia
    Name aficionada, traveller, teacher, wonderfully enamoured
    Sela Beatrix, Adelaide Flora, Vivian Lilac, Orchid Minerva, Audrey Cordelia
    Opal, Zinnia, Sefora, Leire, Nuria, Freya

Bastian Leir, Gideon Felix, Fletcher Atlas, Ephraim Grey, Joscelin Amos
    Eneko, Ekhi, Bruno, Oriol, Earnest, Ivor