Results 1 to 5 of 23
Thread: Any winners?
June 10th, 2013 10:17 PM #1
Elder sister: Sansa Nanami
Hello everyone. I was looking to get some opinions on a few names that have been floating around my brain lately. Having a difficult time with my lists right now - it's at the point where I feel like throwing everything out - so any help is MUCH appreciated. Suggestions are fine as long as it's not "Lose the wacky names and try these ones!" etc. Not that I think I have to worry about that, but, well, you know.
• Winter/Winniemoving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them
June 10th, 2013 10:39 PM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
- West Coast, US
June 10th, 2013 10:40 PM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
• Anoushka - Prefer Anouk. Anoushka, though really fun to say, is very diminutive. Anouk nn Anoushka?
• Astoria - No. Queens, NY.
• Clea - Beautiful, surprising, sexy. Good with Sansa.
• Cordelia - Not with Sansa. Sansa is so modern and sleek. Cordelia is all brocade and pearls. Plus, Lear is a bloodbath.
• Cosima - Gorgeous. Not bad with Sansa phonetically, but completely different in tone.
• Delphine - Too beautiful to nix. But it overpowers delicate Sansa, imo. Perhaps a middle name?
• Edie/Edith - Edith and Sansa could be nice. Very different in popularity though. I despise Edie, but Edith is delicious.
• Elettra - Crazy Elettra! Not sure about the namesake, though it's a great play.
• Endellion - Love this, but not with Sansa. You need something minimal and fresh next to Sansa.
• Etta - Sure! Jazzy, bright, unexpected. I can see Etta and Sansa together.
• Eulalie - I enjoy Eulalie's yodelerific sound, but again, she's from a completely different universe than Sansa.
• Juno/Juniper - Juno and Sansa gets a thumbs-up from me. A great pairing.
• Maeve - Yes, this could work. Maeve is much stronger than Sansa, imo, so it might overpower Sansa. Love Maeve.
• Marina - Oddly good! Marina is much more literal than Sansa, but it's a beautiful watery blue name, and it has a gentleness that's akin to Sansa.
• Matilda/Maude - Matilda is too calico and Maude is too severe next to Sansa.
• Paloma - Maybe. Paloma is so so gorgeous. I like it, but it might upstage Sansa. Not sure. Perhaps as a middle?
• Poppy - Meh.
• Rui - What is Rui? Quite close to "ruin," and Roy. NMS. But it's about as mysterious as Sansa, so it could work.
• Tamsin - Lovely. Feels delicate and a bit androgynous. I think it could totally work with Sansa.
• Wilhelmina - Too hefty/German next to San.
• Winter/Winnie - Middle name? Not sure. I really like Winter, but it's getting trendy. Winnie is adorable, but does Sansa have a cute nickname too?
June 10th, 2013 11:11 PM #7
Cosima (it's just recently grown on me, and now I really adore it!)
I LOVE Anouk, but don't particularly feel inspired one way or the other regarding Anoushka. What about Anouk nn Anoushka? Or Anoushka nn Anouk? Either way, I love Anouk. I like Electra (and Elettra!)--and find it quite cool with Sansa. I find Clea quite lovely with Sansa, as well. And I can't decide how I feel about Marina--I used to adore it, but over the past couple years it's had a "meh" feeling to me. Not great, but not bad. I think I just got tired of it, but it is lovely. I do think Sansa and Marina or Sansa and Clea would be lovely, though...
twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist
Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Grace + Emmeline + Charlotte + Eva + Catherine + Eleni + Zoe + Adele + Lilian
Caleb + Everett + Grant + Casper + Samuel + Jack + Avery + Rory + Declan + Zane + Schuyler + Rowan + Judah
I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
Chapter 1 is up!
June 10th, 2013 11:35 PM #9
misslindseylou: Thanks for your input!
emmabobemma: Right to the point, thanks for the detail you put into the response. Kind of sad about Astoria, as that had been a #2 to Sansa for so long. But, I digress. Any alternate ideas that come to mind that aren't on the list yet?
PS- I think I'm a bit name style confused, as Sansa does have that delicate feel to it, but I don't see myself as gravitating toward that type of name? Not sure if that makes sense or not.
ashthedreamer: I like what you said about Marina, as I feel borderline that way about it (tired), but something in me didn't want to rule it out just yet.moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them