Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Birth Control

Question Birth Control

Have any of yous stopped taking your BCP mid pack? How long did your withdrawal bleed last? My last period on the pill started may 1 and was fairly light, on and off for 5 days (totally not a normal period). Anyways, I started a new pack and ended up stopping after a week and a half. 6 days later (yesterday) I started my withdrawal bleed. Overnight it pretty much disappeared with the exception of a bit of brown spotting. Today there is morning. Anyone have a similar situation?

Thanks!

TTC now! Lol

I do it from time to time. It depends on how many pills I took as to how long bleeding lasts. When you think about it, if you just had a withdrawl bleed a couple weeks ago, took pills for a week and a half and then stopped, there isn't much time to 'accumulate' so only having a day or two of a withdrawl bleed would be expected (21 days of active pills = approximately 4 or 5 days of bleeding, so 10 days of pills would be about 2 days of bleeding).
    From what I've experienced, and how I am very basically guessing mathematically, 2 days or so of bleeding/ spotting would make sense.

Disclaimer: obviously I am not a doctor, haha.

Good luck TTC!
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen, Eleanora and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon, Edmund

Thank you! That totally makes sense! Never looked at it that way!