Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by augusta_lee View Post
    It really bothers me that the second a name is worn by a prominent person or character of color people start wondering if it's "unusable" for a white kid. This just reminds me way too much of the One Drop Rule.
    Agree with this.
    Baby Sequoia Orion born 11-8-14!
    Other favorites: Cytheria, Arcadia, Seraphina, Caspian, Gideon

I think it's just a name and can be worn on any person no matter their color. I've seen people of all colors and tints using a wide variety of names. Try picking a name for your child that gives off qualities that you love rather than whether you think it will suit her looks. That will matter to her more in the long run.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

Thanks for the replies... and I'm really REALLY sorry if I offended anyone, I really didn't mean to. I have no idea what the One Drop Rule is, I'll have to look it up.

The only Tiana I've ever known is a pale white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly