Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Is this a keeper?

I've been toying around with (and loving!) Samuel Gaspard John/Samuel John Gaspard lately. Samuel is definitely staying, and so is John (it's a family name), and I love Gaspard. It holds ties to my little sister and my best friend (who passed away 2011), but I can't help but feel some hesitation. I almost feel like I'm trying too hard. It's not that it's that out-there--it's just that my naming style is... very safe, I think. And I'm not sure Samuel Gaspard John/Samuel John Gaspard was really what I was originally going for. I think it might just be that it was so hard for me to find a Samuel combo I love (it's literally taken me years) that it's taking some convincing to see that this really is right, even if it wasn't what I was originally looking for--I felt the same way with my Eva combo, and I'm utterly in love with Eva Felicity Claire now.

Samuel Gaspard John/Samuel John Gaspard. Yay or nay? Also, which order? Samuel John Gaspard, or Samuel Gaspard John? I like the look of Samuel Gaspard John better (and I like keeping Samuel and Gaspard together), but I almost feel like the flow of SAM-yuhl JOHN gas-PAHRD flows better than SAM-yuhl gas-PAHRD JOHN does.

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Samuel Gaspard John flows nicely, but I first though Gaspard was a last name. And how are you pronouncing it?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I like it. The reason I suggested Samuel Gaspard John to you is because of what you said up there, Samuel and Gaspard look lovely together. I don't care about perfect flow, and honestly I don't think putting John in the middle makes much of a difference. I also see that you pronounce Samuel with two syllables! Fancy that!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    I also see that you pronounce Samuel with two syllables! Fancy that!
    Also noticed this.

I prefer Samuel John Gaspard Really like Gaspard. Saying it out loud is fun.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I like Samuel Gaspard John. Very distinguished and handsome and I think the flow is fine.
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14