Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ever Heard Of It?

Was glancing through a teacher study guide, and spotted these two names of I'm assuming imaginary students that stuck out to me.

Bronya and Sewell.

I have heard of Bronya (and love it). It is a short form of the Polish Bronisława (usually rendered as Bronislawa). It is sometimes spelled Bronia.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I've heard of Sewell as a surname. Never heard of Bronya, but sounds eastern European.
    First baby due on September 7, 2015!

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

August - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    I've heard of Sewell as a surname. Never heard of Bronya
    Ditto - I think of the actor, Rufus Sewell.
    Twenty-something SF & fantasy writer, name and language nerd in constant search of new names to bestow on defenseless characters. :-)

My list of all-time faves, continuously updated with new comments and thoughts.

Huh, I have not heard of either. Pretty neat! Bronya is pretty in a tough, strong kind of way. Reminds me of Bronte.
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!