Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

MN out there or just no?

I'm one of those nameberries to likes to have a stash of baby names as a 'just in case' so don't worry this is (for the moment) more of a hypothetical question.

Recently I've rather fallen in love with Danger as a middle name for a boy. I saw an interview with a dad and he'd just chosen it as his son's middle name. I think it's great it's quirky and isn't traditional.

What do you berries think? Don't worry I'm totally prepared for people to wail that I shouldn't use it, but honest opinions please

As in "Danger is my middle name... no, it literally is." Just no.

Sorry, I can't get behind it. It's a word, not a name. There are thousands of handsome, real names that could be used! And if the boy turns out to be a shy and meek type of person, his middle name just becomes ironic- kind of like finding out Russell Brand's middle name is Chastity :/

So, in my honest opinion, it shouldn't be used. Ever. Unless you're quoting Austin Powers.
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    As in "Danger is my middle name... no, it literally is." Just no.

Sorry, I can't get behind it. It's a word, not a name. There are thousands of handsome, real names that could be used! And if the boy turns out to be a shy and meek type of person, his middle name just becomes ironic- kind of like finding out Russell Brand's middle name is Chastity :/

So, in my honest opinion, it shouldn't be used. Ever. Unless you're quoting Austin Powers.
    All of this!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    All of this!
    Thirded. (Damn the ten letter post restriction x_x)
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I agree with what's already been said, for the most part. My problem with _____ Danger [surname] isn't the cheese factor (which is just beyond ridiculous, imo...), and it's not that Danger isn't even a name.

It's that it promotes this sense of violence and aggression and I don't think the world really needs any more people like that. I mean, sure, the likelihood that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy is pretty slim, but even if I were a guy, I wouldn't want to be defined by those sorts of ideals. While I would be proud of a future hypothetical son if he chose to be in the military, or FBI, or CIA, or anything in service of God or his country, really (or any other thing under the sun!), I don't want to foster this sense of being eager about violence for violence's sake. I would hope his morals value more noble things than that, and I think understanding that has to come from the parents.

I mean sure, it may be fun for a little boy to say, "I'm Josiah Danger Paxton! Danger is my middle name!" as he pretends to slay dragons and dreams of being a knight in shining armor, and I can see why it would appeal--a little bit--but I really don't think any little boy needs such a flashy MN to feel like he can slay the dragons and save the world.

That's just my take on it.