Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I am hoping, in an ideal world, to have at least 4/5 years between the first and second, and at least a 3/4 year gap between any after that That way I feel the child gets a lot of individual attention during the early formative years and the older children will be old enough to appreciate, understand and join in the experience of having siblings when they come along.

{sleep wake hope and then}
    e.e cummings

TTC Our First
    Hoping on a Rainbow
    —————
    7w6d - 6w - 4w - 12w
    Patience - Opal - Hope - Haven
    Always with me.

If I get to have two, then 2-3, but if more than two, maybe more than that. I have two little sisters who are 2 and 8 years younger than me. While I feel like we are bestfriends with my sister who's 2 yrs younger than me, I feel like there's a gap between my sister who's 8 yrs younger than me although I love her so much! But, it was really nice to have a "baby" sister as a child. I loved taking care of her and you know, from my own experience, having a baby who's a lot younger than your other kids make family really happy and warm.

I always wanted to have 4 years between children so that I wouldn't (ideally) have two kids in college at once. If our planning works out right, I will have #2 when my son is 4 1/2.
    I am 6 and 10 years younger than my two brothers. I am very close to their wives and we all have sons the same age. We are all in the same stage of life and relate very well to each other even though we have the age gap. I also love the idea of letting each child have time to be the "baby" in the house.
    But to each his own
    ♥ Mom to Noah ('08), Eli ('13), and a new peanut in May '15 ♥
    Beginning the name hunt for the newbie

There is about 3 years between my two girls, they are good together and I think its a nice gap. It will be a 4 year difference between my youngest and the twins I am expecting, 7 for the eldest. But it shouldn't matter too much, the girls cannot wait to meet their new siblings.

There is a nine year difference between me and my eldest sister. Yes, there were tones of mentorship but we were and are still great friends.
    Wife of DH Derrick
    Mummy to Claudia Anne, Saraid Esther May and Maisie the pet minature pig.

For me, I think about 4 or 5 years would be good. My one brother and I are 20 months apart, and my other brother and I are 6 years apart. 20 months doesn't seem like nearly enough... not that I noticed personally, but my two sets of cousins have kids who are 22 months apart, and then 2.5 years apart, and both those gaps seem too small for me, too. But the 6 years between my youngest brother and I is pretty big. We've only really been 'friends' for the past few years, whereas I've been friends with my other brother most of our lives (except for the 2 years where we couldn't stand each other in middle school, haha).

I like the idea of having a 2nd child when the first one starts school. I'd like to have 3 kids, though, and so even if I had a baby tomorrow, I'd be 35 by the time I had my last one with that time schedule... I kind of feel like if things go okay with having 2 kids, then a 3rd one might come along sooner than the 5 year mark.
    Lucia
    Name aficionada, traveller, teacher
    Wonderfully enamoured, and married 11/27/2016
    Sela 4/17/2018