Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

How about..

Elliette? It is my family members name and we called her Elly or Elle.

It's a cute twist on a boy name made feminine. Everyone loves it.

I'm so sorry! That's absolutely horrible. You've gotten a lot of great suggestions and I can't really think of anything to add... except for one name. Eliza keeps coming back to me. It has the same spunk as Elle, imo, and is just as ultra-feminine, while being different enough. I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but I figured I'd share anyway.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find your perfect name! For what it's worth, I adore Lila and the only one I know is a very distant cousin's daughter. She spells it Lyla, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Quote Originally Posted by gblondie View Post
    ava....................
    Ava was actually going to be my son's name if he was a girl, but that was 12 years ago - before it got so popular. Then my cousin named her daughter Ava about 6 years ago, knowing full well that it had been my girl choice. I was slightly annoyed, but by that time I didn't care very much. It had gotten too popular. I do still like the name Ava, though, so I guess I am a little irked that I can't even consider it now. Part of my problem with naming this baby is I feel like all of the good names have been taken!

Quote Originally Posted by c@29 View Post
    I always love Elle. And yes, I think you should keep it, maybe for middle name or a part of name (like elle from Gabrielle, Danielle, etc) if it can't be the fn.
    Short and feminine?
    What about :
    Millie
    Clara
    Lucy
    Julie
    Hana
    Fiona
    Anne
    Annette
    Esme
    and Luna. have you consider it? It's a part of my own name and usually I never suggest mine to others, but I think it really fits your criteria. short, sweet, classic, pretty and ultra-feminine.
    I would LOVE to still use Elle for a middle name - if I could find the right first name to go with it! Someone mentioned Sophie Elle. I think that sounds pretty...except my niece's name is Sophie! For Elle to be a middle name, the first name would have to be at least 2 syllables, and it doesnt work with Lila. There HAVE been lots of great suggestions here, though. I do sort of like the name Lucy, but if I named my child Lucy, I'd be doing the exact same thing to another friend that the Elle friend did to me. That friend has all boys and wants a daughter named Lucy someday. I know she may never get her, but I also how hard that was for me, and I care about this friend a lot so I am not going to do that to her. Plus, I only LIKE Lucy...not sure I LOVE it. Anne is pretty, but it's my sister's name. I'd definitely consider it for a middle name.

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    i had a name stolen too- i feel your pain!! good luck. when i had my daughter i realized that the name i originally wanted to use wasn't very 'her' anyway! the name we did pick (that throughout my pregnancy i didn't feel 100% sure of and didn't think i would ever love as much as the stolen name) is so perfect for my beautiful daughter- so now it's my favorite name in the world.
    Maybe this will happen to me and she will look more like Lila (or another name if I can find one) than Elle. I hope so, because I am having a really hard time letting go of Elle.