Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you pronounce Sloane?

it's probably very straight forward but I see Sloane popping up on forums all the time. I've never heard it pronounced before... Is it "Slo-ah-nee"? Or "Slo-anne"? Someone please put me out of my misery.

I've always just pronounced it as a one syllable name that rhymes with "bone."
    Gideon ~ Ezekiel ~ Abel ~ Emmett ~ Declan ~ Silas ~ Ezra ~ Flynn ~ Jasper ~ Elliot
    Maisie ~ Willa ~ Naomi ~ Vivienne ~ Evangeline ~ Gemma ~ Amaryllis ~ Lux ~ Remi ~ Sophie
    Shiloh ~ River ~ Sage ~ Rowan

Name Crush of the Moment: Oona

I pronounce it the same as frustratedauthor. I've only ever heard it pronounced like slow with an N on the end.

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. It's just like the surname, SLONE, one syllable, hard "O" sound in the middle and the "E" is silent.
    Ashley | dreamer | Christian | storyteller

thank you doesn't even scratch the surface: Louisiana
    in honor of fallen wwii heroes and the women who loved them

Adele Vienna | Arabelle Rivers | Audrey Celestina | Eulalie Nell | Lola Antoinette
    Achilles Peter | Addison Fielding | Ashmore Rex | Benoît Xavier | Cullen Jules
    Lottie Marvel | Ophelia Pansy | Pearl Endora | Rachel Orchid | Georgiana Marcelle
    Evander Falcon | Ignatius Noah | Lovency James | Pascal Alva | Porter Marcellus

That sounds really masculine to me. I've never seen anyone with this name before and In name berry women often say "this is my favourite girls name". Weird. I must be living in some foreign country ; ) thanks everyone for the clarification.