Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinion on Orion?

Hey all! I just found this site today and was wondering about opinions on a name. I don't have a baby on the way or anything but I'm dreaming about having a baby boy to go with my two girls. I heard the name Orion a year or two ago & fell in love with it. I knew if I ever had a boy that would be his name. And it must have been meant to be because my Hubby loves it too. After having two kids with long name struggles between us I thought it was a miracle he agreed on my first choice.

It fits very well with our outer space loving family. But I have a few different middle name choices that I really like and just wondered what other people thought. I haven't told anybody close to me partly because I'm not even pregnant & partly because I don't want it used by someone I know. So here they are:

Orion Alexander
    Orion Atlas
    Orion Atticus
    Orion Ara

I feel like the A names fit the best with the first name and then our last name which begins with a B. My daughter's names are Audriana & Lilian(goes by Lily).

I'll keep my favorites to myself so I can see what everyone else thinks. Oh, and any other suggestions to go with Orion are definitely welcome.

I love Orion! It has such a novel, time-transcendent feeling to me while still retaining a bit of the Ancient Greek charm. It has some religious significance to me, as well, so I love that. I know a kid in high school whose name is Orion--he overcame a lot and he's just a great role model and always wants to do what's right, so I think he makes me love the name even more. For some reason, I always thought his name was Orion Alexander, haha. That's my favorite, but I also like Orion Atticus.

What about Orion Alistair? I really like that, too.

My only concern is that whenever I mention the constellation "Orion" people always think I'm saying the name Ryan... would that bother you? I'm so tired of hearing Ryan but I love Orion, so that would bother me quite a bit... It may be something to think about.

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Elisabeth Clara Plum "Liesey"Judah Théophile GreyPearl Antônia SabineSchuyler Ezra Grey
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samuel Gaspard JohnPoppy Thea Elisabeth
    Elliot JoshuaVerity OpheliaRory MaximilianAmelia Winter
    Felicity EmmanuelleSeamus OscarLillian PasqualinaAlaric Joel

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Orion is an awesome name. I think I like Orion Alexander the best. Orion Atlas would be my second choice. Atticus, I just dislike in general, and Ara I think is too many vowel sounds when paired with Orion. Maybe Archer? Orion was a hunter after all.

I think it works! Orion Alexander is my favorite combination -- Atlas, Atticus and Ara are all quite a lot of classical imagery to pile on top of Orion.
    Charlotte
    Student, Writer, Reader
    Cecilia Sophie -- Benedict Camille

I really love Orion Atlas. Orion Alexander would probably be a close second.