Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Make a Hippie Family!

I thought this might be fun! Make a hippie family that has a theme(flowers, nature, planets etc.). Tell us why you chose the name/why you love it. I'd love it if you made a story! Have as many kids as you want.

Mine:
    My name is Delilah and my husband is Milo. We have 6 kids with two on the way. We have 3 girls and 3 boys, but we aren't finding out the genders of the twins. The names get more unusal as they get younger.

Summer(13)- We love this name because it's our favorite season and she was born in summer. I wasn't a named nerd when she was born so I didn't know how normal it was.

River & Rowan(10)-One day we were walking by the river and we saw a rowan tree. Then my water broke and we didn't have names picked out so we named the boys after the two things right by us, a River and a Rowan tree.

Willow(8)-We had just planted a willow tree in our yard and the kids loved playing under it. Summer had the idea to name her Willow.

Oak(5)-We really love tree names, and we could already he was going to be a strong baby boy.

Lilac(3)-This is my favorite kind of flower and I was standing by a lilac bush when I had the first contraction.

On the way: If we have B/B twins they will be Cedar and Branch. G/B twins will be Petal and Branch. G/G twins will be Magnolia and Petal. Here's why we like the names:

Cedar-Another strong tree name that can be used for a boy

Branch-I'm feeling bad for River because he's the only boy without a tree name, so I thought of Branch, which is part of a tree, but it isn't a tree.

Petal-Lilac loves picking petals off the flowers in the yard and she has already started calling the baby Petal.

Magnolia-I feel like this is so pretty and it's another flower that I love.

Names for future kids:
    Girls-Juniper, Fern, Ocean, and Blossom
    Boys-Spruce, Stone, and Evergreen

Hi, My name is Raina and my husband is Hudson. We have 8 kids with another on on the way. 4 girls and 4 boys. We don't know the gender of the new baby because we want it to be a surprise.

Drake (15) - We loved this name. Hudson and I were feeding ducks when my water broke so we named him after the duck.

Prairie (12) - We live in the country in North Dakota so we thought why not.

Bluebell and Barley (9) - Our twins. Bluebell is one of my favorite flowers so we named her that. Barley is another plant and we really loved how it sounded so we named him that.

Ember (8) - I felt her kick for the first time while sitting around a camp fire so thats what we called her was Ember.

Shade (5) - One thing we love to do as a family is sit in the shade and have Lemonade so when i asked the kids what we should name our new baby boy, Ember said Shade.

Wolf and Winter (2) - Our second set of twins. We named our baby boy Wold because we wanted him to be strong. We named our little girl Winter, because they arrived in the Winter.

Possible Names for our baby:
    Grove - We love this name for a little boy.

Thunder - So our little one will be strong.

Morning - It's our favorite time of day so if its a girl this is a strong possibility.

Swan - We think this bird is graceful so we would love to use it.
    Favorite Names
    Girls: Adalyn, Aria, Darcy, Hollyn, Isla, Kaylynn, Lyra, Maisie
    Boys: Atticus, Chandler, Declan, Ezra, Holden, Kieran, Parrish, Silas

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9824783 My name list!

Fun idea!

My name is Acacia Willow and my husband is Huginn Zeus. We have ten children and twins on the way. I am an apothecary/herbalist and my husband is an astrologist and tarot card reader. All our children have an herb/plant name as their first name and an astrological name as their middle name. Their second middle name is something we both value or wanted our children to have.

DD: Poppy Andromeda Truth (14)
    DS/DS: Sage Perseus Valor and Yarrow Gemini Brave (11)
    DS: Chicory Canis Adventure (9)
    DD: Hazel Thurayya Wonder (8)
    DD: Tansy Cassiopeia Grace (6)
    DS: Quince Hercules Wisdom (5)
    DD: Ginger Pleiades Memory (3)
    DS: Basil Castor Earnest (2)
    DS: Wolfsbane Pollux Constant (1)

As with the other children we don't know the gender of our twins.
    If they are both boys they will be named Foxglove Scorpio Fable and Shatterstone Orion Faithful.
    If we have one girl and one boy they will be named Pennyroyal Libra Comfort (girl) and Foxglove Scorpio Fable (boy).
    If they are both boys they will be named Magnolia Virgo Charity and Pennyroyal Libra Comfort.
    baby BOY arriving november 2015

currently considering:
    Martin, Shepherd, Edmond, Teagan, Winston, Absalom
    a girl would have been named:
    Beatrix Judith

My name is Maya, and my husband's name is Reed. We have ten kids--5 boys, and 5 girls--and are expecting twins. We don't know the sexes of the twins.

Clay (14) - We wanted an earthy, strong name and decided that Clay was perfect for our son.
    Willow (13) - I often sit and write under a willow tree. It's a name with such peace and grace that it was prefect for our daughter.
    Forest and Fox (11 and 11) - Both had an air of raw strength. We chose these for our twins sons.
    Violet (9) - My favorite flower. Reed had just brought some into the house when my water broke.
    Juniper (8) - We thought this felt fresh and pretty for our daughter.
    Wolf (6) - The wolf has a lot of meaning to Reed and I, so it seemed fitting to give the name to our son.
    Tulip (5) - We had just planted some tulips when my water broke.
    Land (3) - It just seemed like a simple way to capture our love of nature.
    Poppy (1) - My oldest daughter loves poppies, so we figured Poppy would be perfect for this baby.

Possible names for our next two:

BOYS: Grove, Field, Cedar, Oak
    GIRLS: Hazel, Clover, Lilac
    Gideon ~ Ezekiel ~ Abel ~ Emmett ~ Declan ~ Silas ~ Ezra ~ Flynn ~ Jasper ~ Elliot
    Maisie ~ Willa ~ Naomi ~ Vivienne ~ Evangeline ~ Gemma ~ Amaryllis ~ Lux ~ Remi ~ Sophie
    Shiloh ~ River ~ Sage ~ Rowan

Name Crush of the Moment: Oona

Hi, my name is Shealah and my husband's name is Callum. We have 7 kids. And a girl on the way. We love nature names, and that's how our children were named.

River- 15. Callum and I love the name River, and I was walking past a river when my water broke.
    Petal- 13. Petal just sounded so girly and magical, and that is exactly our daughter's personality.
    Lily- 12. A bit more mainstream,but a favorite of Callum's since we met. (20 years ago!)
    Stone and Brick- 8. Callum builds homes, so he is used to these materials and likes the way they sound. Stone and Brick are very matchy but I like them both. They sound strong which is exactly what we wand for our children.
    Oakley- 7. a new twist on oak, and perfect for either gender. We didnt find out the gender for that pregnancy, but Oakley turned out to be a girl.
    Winter- 5. All the children love the season winter, and Winter sounded so pretty and feminine for our daughter. She actually loves the season winter!
    Thunder- 2. We thought this sounded nice and strong, and There was Thunder the day he was born.
    Possible names for the next little baby:
    Blossom
    Cerise
    Lilac
    Raine
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures: