Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eveline

Eveline

This is another Irish name I found today. Its prn as Ev-ah-Leen. How would you prn it? Would it have difficulty? I really love it, and it's meaning. Thoughts?

LOVE Eveline! I always figured it was more French than Irish, but I still think it's really cool. It's a feminine form of Evelyn, which has masculine origins. I prefer Eveline/Evelina for that reason. I think my personal preference is toward Evelina, but I do like Eveline a lot! I like some of your other choices with Annabel, Sullivan, and Owen, though.

Oh, and I automatically say it as ev-ah-leen...

Good luck!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Good to know you prn it the same! Yes, Evelina is Spanish I believe? But on babynamesofireland.com Eveline is listed as an anglicized form of the Irish name. I think it has other origins, too. I agree, I prefer it to Evelyn.

Which others do you prefer with my sibset? My list:
    Fiona
    Maeve
    Neve
    Violet
    Iris
    Clara
    Vivienne
    Eveline

love Eveline...Nickel Creek has a song called Eveline that is hauntingly beautiful

I like Violet and Clara better with your kids, although neither is especially Irish, I don't think, if that's what you're going for. Didn't you used to have Vivienne, Imogen, and Tallulah on your list, as well? I like all of those with Annabel, Sullivan, and Owen more, personally. Especially Imogen and Violet!
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here