Menu

View Poll Results: C name or no?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baby #3's name should also start with a C.

22 68.75%
  • A C name isn't the best choice.

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Callista, Calum, and ____"

We have a girl, Callista, and a boy, Calum, and are expecting another girl in a few weeks. We didn't intend to coordinate the first two (and almost didn't go with Calum in an effort to avoid it), but we just loved the name too much.

Now, whether to name the third a "C" name... We are on the fence but leaning away. Obviously we want the sibling's name to sound great with the other two but without matching or rhyming or otherwise inspiring eyes to roll. For example, a soft "C" might be the ticket. "Callista, Calum, and Celeste," for example, sounds OK. Camilla, one of my all time faves, doesn't. In fact, so many of my favorite names sound great on their own, but then in the list of siblings don't quite cut it.

I LOVE ancient, or at least old, names. Also, the meaning of the name really matters to me. It doesn't have to be profound (although that's best), but it can't be negative. So I'm not overly thrilled with Cecile (blind).

Finally, our last name is a tricky ethnic-sounding one, starts with a "Hur" sound. Thus, "Ursula" is off the list.

OK, creative nameberriers, I can't wait to see what you say! Thanks in advance!

My parents were in the exact same situation when naming my brothers and I. They gave the oldest two children names that began with the same letter without intending to, and then felt like they needed to give the youngest child a name that began with the same letter so that he wouldn't feel left out. Honestly, my brothers and I have always thought that it was kind of goofy, and, although my youngest brother fits his name very well, I doubt that he would feel "left out" if he had a different name that began with a different letter. I don't think that it would be awful if you picked another name that began with C, but, as a member of such a sibset, I would like to encourage you not to feel limited to only picking a C name for this next child.

If you end up feeling like it has to be a C name, then Celeste is absolutely gorgeous! I think the idea of picking a name that starts with a C but a different sound (Charlotte, Cypress, Chelsea) would be a great compromise.

Cecily and Celeste were the first two to come to mind for a girl!

I don't think you should limit your naming choices to just C names. You should name your child what ever name you LOVE not just a name that you settle on because it starts with the right letter. If you fall in love with a C name I think that's fine too but to limit your name search to just C names I think is silly.

Some girl names you might like..
    Juliet
    Cecilia
    Audrey
    Adria
    Coralie
    Diana
    Elodie
    Eloise
    Gemma
    Genevieve
    Gwyneth
    Isobel
    Lilith
    Lorelei
    Maeve
    Scarlett
    Violet
    Willa
    Alora
    Corrina
    Isla
    Lyra
    Rosalie
    Thea
    Valentina

I will give you this advice: if this is going to be your last child, then choose another "C" name. If you think you'll have more children in the future, pick another letter of the alphabet.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think the third child might feel left out if she didn't share her siblings' first initial. I like Callista, Calum, and Celeste.
    -Bailey-
    19 year old name addict

Alice, Amelie, Eleanor, Elodie, Eloise, Esme, Eve, Felicity, Imogen, Ivy, June, Maeve, Olive, Phoebe, Violet
    Dashiell, Declan, Elliot, Everett, Ezra, Felix, Finn, Henry, Hugo, Isaac, Jasper, Jude, Luke, Oliver, Samuel

I think it's more important to give your child a name that you love and has great meaning. If it just so happens that you really like C names and a C is your favorite then fine, and if not I think that's fine too. Lots of names will fit with your set. Incidentally, Celeste is one of my favorites and I think it has some of the same qualities as Callista so it would be a great fit.

Anastasia is one of my favorites with a profound meaning (IMO!) and I think it could work with your set.

Mama to C, Z, E, P, D, G & I

Our Agent 007:
    Iolanthe Zelda Irene

Or how about Charles (boy) or Charlotte (girl)?