Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isannah

Isannah

What do you think of the name Isannah? It's a name I've come across recently (but read about a long time ago in Johnny Tremain), and I've been intrigued by it.

How would you pronounce it? (I've been pronouncing it as a mix of Isabel and Hannah, but I could be wrong)

Would you ever use it on a daughter?

Thanks in advance!
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor Lily, Margaret Jane

It intrigues me. Isabelle and Hannah are both on my top 10, so I prefer that, but Isannah (which I would say as ee-sah-nah) intrigues me. I like Ysanne/Isanne and Ysaline/Isaline more.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here

Once when I listened to Johnny Tremain on tape, the reader pronounced the name long I, I-zahn-nah. I sort of thought it was a feminized version of Isaiah, and I think I prefer it that way. I or EE though, it's a very pretty name and I would consider it (and might sneak it onto our list).

Mama to C, Z, E, P, D, & G

i would pronounce is on na. it would be a lovely name to honor an isaac or an isaiah. i think it's really pretty and different, but sounds so much like so many top names. if you name your daughter this i'm sure she will inspire a lot of other little isannahs!

Ooh I've never heard of this name before, but it is definitely pretty!
    I'd say it as Is-ahn-ah.
    {Mel}
    Stepmommy & Auntie

{Isabelle}
    Juliet, Caroline, Adriana, Rosalie, Audra, Miranda, Rachel, Delilah, Josephine, Felicity

[Under Construction]
    Xavier, Adrian, Elijah, Henry, Jacob, Nathaniel, Tyler, Emmett, Maxwell, Joshua, Logan