Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by romanticism View Post
    Thanks for your responses!

@ashthedreamer, I love Milena Charlotte Belle (though it's looong!) and Milena Sophie Belle! I actually really like Milena Scarlett Belle as well, which surprises me as I generally really don't like Scarlett! Also, I pronounce Milena [mee-LEH-nuh] and I think that's how it'd probably pronounced in the UK, if that has any bearing on your feelings of the name
    Well, I'm glad you liked some of my combos! I really like Milena Sophie Belle, too. Milena Sophie Eve would be pretty, too, but a lot of people seem to have issues with the flow of Sophie Eve.

As for Milena, here in America, most people I know would say it either mih-LAY-nah or muh-LEE-nah. I'm guessing more Latinate people would say it closer to the first. Seeing it more often has made it appeal to me more, but I'm not sure I would use it. I feel like it's one of those names that *pow*, I suddenly have an epiphany that I love it, but when I really think about it, I'm not sure it really suits my style, but I still like/respect it. I feel the same way with Vivienne and Scarlett.

There is a baby girl (about 8 months old) in my church who is Milana Kristina, and they announced her name as mih-LAY-nah. Her family is Belarusian, though.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction. Thinking about today:

Isabelle Aurora GraceZane Alexander CaspianGenevieve Sofia EsmeEverett Joshua Charles
    Casper Nathaniel EdenEleanor Pasqualina Mary "Lena"Samson Adler JackPoppy Éliane Clementina
    Thomas BenjaminAlice ClementineIan MarinerAmelia Winter
    Claire JuniperDesmond JoshuaHazel IsabellaEzra Borealis

I'm writing a story--join me! here