Menu

Hypothetical Sibset

Hey!

First time posting here, but I've been into names for a long time (Whether I liked the names in a book influenced how I rated the book's overall value. Name-snob, much?). Also, I'm not looking to have children anytime soon, I was just wondering...

As of right now, I'm really loving siblings:

Aidan James
    Abigail Loraine
    Eleanor Blythe

Do you think the first two are too matchy-matchy when put with the third (both starting with A and rhyming middle names) or would it work? I'm kind of loving the refreshed names Aidan, Abigail, and Eleanor (by the way, none of these are anywhere near super popular in the places I've been.) with the slightly more dated James, Loraine, and Blythe.

Aidan is a name I've loved for quite awhile, especially paired with James and the fact that it nods to my Irish heritage. James has always been my favorite boy name, but I've recently found I prefer it as a middle name (ex. Brenton James).

Abigail is another life-long love of mine - when I found out I was going to have a little sibling, I immediately decided I wanted to name him/her Abigail (I think after one of the ducks in Aristocats). When said baby turned out to be a boy, I continued to insist I would call him Abigail. This lasted for about 3 weeks, but, in my defense, I was only 4, and at the time many more things were there to catch my attention. Loraine is my grandmother's name (she was one of my best friends and recently passed away from breast cancer after 27 years) and is a name I love on its own anyway.

Eleanor has always kind of "glimmered" at me, but I never seriously considered it until recently. And Blythe, I'm not ashamed to admit, was snagged from the Anne of Green Gables series. Absolute love. I don't think I could ever use it as a first name, because it always seems like an adjective there, but as a middle name, it's fantastic.

So. Comments? (Negative or Positive) Suggestions?

Re: Hypothetical Sibset

Aidan James - I like this combo but unfortunately the Irish saint name Aidan has rocketed up the charts at an alarming speed. It also has all sorts of spellings (eg Aiden, Ayden, Aydon) which makes my Irish spirit cringe when I see them. On top of it all, it's now being chosen for girls.
    Abigail Loraine - Abigail is one of my fave names in the Bible. It is popular but it could never be trendy because it's timeless.
    Eleanor Blythe - This is very pretty. Eleanor is classic and elegant and has great nn options of Nell and Ellie.
    I prefer siblings to have different initials myself. I think Abigail and Eleanor are wonderful together but Aidan seems like the odd one out. Aidan, although an old name, seems more contemporary and trendy while the other two have a vintage quality. Hope you'll get to use the names in the future. Regards, Mischa.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

On the other hand, what do you think about:

James Matthew nn "Jem"
    Or
    James Wesley nn "Jay"

The nicknames I've suggested, of course, are only speculative. I might be too in love with the full names to use nicknames! Now that I think about it, I think those would go MUCH better style-wise. Does James Wesley have too much of an "ess" sound to it? Love love loving James Matthew right now!

(I guess Aidan will just have to be a guilty pleasure). And yes, I absolutely detest the spelling variations of Aidan...

Thanks for your input!

Either James Matthew or James Wesley would work with Abigail and Eleanor.
    All the best,
    Mischa.