Might get a new dog... stuck on a name!

My parents are looking to getting another dog sometime in the fall. Because I'll be in college and won't be there to meet the dog at first, my parents are letting me come up with ideas for his or her name! My dad is pretty set on adopting another female dog, so I'm mostly focusing on girl names, but they wouldn't object to a male dog either. The dog would most likely be 6 months to a year old, and we always adopt from a shelter so he/she will almost certainly be a mutt of some sort. We also typically get medium to large dogs, and since our current puppy is probably going to be 50-60 pounds when she's done growing, this dog will probably be around that size as well.

Usually this kind of thing is fun for me but my mom has a rule that is making things very difficult. For as long as I can remember, my family has been known as an acronym for cards, etc. so instead of signing everything "From Greg, Susana, Abby, Leah, Ellie, and Maisie" we can sign it "From GLEAMS". My mom will not budge on the fact that we need to have an acronym. Unfortunately, this limits the letters we can use and I've found the only 3 letters that would work are B (GAMBLES), M (MANGLES/MANGELS), and V (MAGLEVS). We've decided that B would make the best word.

Here are the rules that we've come up with:
    - It will probably start with B but V or M would work too.
    - The name can't be super common. This is my rule. So no Buddy, Bear, Bella, Bailey, or anything that we would meet loads of at the dog park
    - It can't be too close to one of our names (listed above) so as cool as I think Blaise would be, it's too close to Maisie
    - My parents typically go for well-known names, and we seem to like "people" names on our pets (previous dogs have been Kelly and Ezra). This isn't a rule but something I've been considering
    - Bonus points if the name has a connection to Disney, Star Wars, or Harry Potter

The list I've come up with is Briar, Boheme, Bijou, Ballou, Blue, and Bianca. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!
    Abby | 18 | Dancer | Writer

Cassian Micah | Christian Elliot | Collins Gregory | Emerson Luca
    Felix Alastair | Flynn Alexander | Kai Magnus | Leo Matthias | Malachi Peter
    Memphis Leland | Nico Sebastian | Nolan Shepherd | Torin Archer

Arianne Etoile | Daphne Louisa | Eloise Parker | Kaia Emmeline
    Iris Michaela | Juno Delilah | Maeve Liliana | Margo Alexandra | Parker Emilia
    Sabrina Auli'i | Saela Vivien | Saskia Brynn | Talia Zoe

💜

I love your current list! Especially Briar and Bianca. I would also suggest Bria and Bryn(n). Good luck

Btw, your Ivy Kerensa is super, super gorgeous!
    Last edited by dream.create; July 2nd, 2017 at 01:30 AM.
    favorites ~
    bethan viola ⋅ margo lane ⋅ ginny briar ⋅ anna marigold

maybes ~
    nerissa lune ⋅ ismeria willow ⋅ elize viveca ⋅ elin cosima

Thank you! My mom unfortunately doesn't love Briar, although my sisters love it, and one of my sisters really doesn't like Bianca. I really like Bria and Brynn but Bria is too close to Leah, and we have a neighbor named Bryn who comes over a lot so that would be confusing.

We have Benny or Bruno for B boy names. My dad has also added the letter O to our list because our acronym would be SMEAGOL. My mom's top pick for a girl is now Opal, which I love but I really don't like SMEAGOL.

Thank you, I love your Britta Willow and Piper Madelief!
    Abby | 18 | Dancer | Writer

Cassian Micah | Christian Elliot | Collins Gregory | Emerson Luca
    Felix Alastair | Flynn Alexander | Kai Magnus | Leo Matthias | Malachi Peter
    Memphis Leland | Nico Sebastian | Nolan Shepherd | Torin Archer

Arianne Etoile | Daphne Louisa | Eloise Parker | Kaia Emmeline
    Iris Michaela | Juno Delilah | Maeve Liliana | Margo Alexandra | Parker Emilia
    Sabrina Auli'i | Saela Vivien | Saskia Brynn | Talia Zoe

💜

For B, I like Ballou, Bruno, Blue, Basil, and Briar.
    There is also Bessie/Betsy/Betty, but those names have always reminded me of cows.

For O, I like Otis, Otto, and Opal. My neighbors had a black lab named Otis. He wore it well. There's also a movie called Milo and Otis featuring Otis the pug .