Menu

What would you pick for boy #2? Poll!

We would like to name our first son Andreas Peter. Both names have huge family signifcance, so if we ever have a son this will definitely be his name. I would like any future boys names to compliment Andreas, but not sound too similar either. Ive had a difficult time finding a name with a similar origin (German or Greek) and similar popularity(Andreas isnt in the top 1000, but it doesnt have to be that uncommon). Also, I would ideally like a 3 syllable fn because the ln is one syllable.

This is what I have so far, which is you favorite and why?
    Julian- This is probably my favorite boys name of all time. I just hate how popular it is. Do you think it would be weird to have one brother with a name as uncommon as Andreas (not even in the top 1000) and one with a name in top 100?
    Sebastian- This was my great grandpas name, I just hate how popular it has become.
    Mattias- Are the endings too similar?
    Edmund- love, I just wish it was 3 syllables. It seems too short to me for some reason.
    Theodor- German spelling, we will not go with Theodore. I would probably call him Theo all the time.

Do you have any other suggestions that perhaps I havent thought of?

Thank you!
    *Under Construction*

Re: What would you pick for boy #2? Poll!

Ugh I forgot to add the poll before I posted this and it wont let me edit!! Sorry guys, if you would just like to leave your votes for either Julian, Sebastian, Mattias, Edmund, or Theodore fill free to do so.
    *Under Construction*

I like Sebastian

I like the combo Julian and Andreas the best. Personally I don't think that it would be that bad if Julian is more popular than Andreas. I just wouldn't combine it with another popular name but choose one that isn't in the top 100(0)

I like the combo Julian and Andreas the best. Personally I don't think that it would be that bad if Julian is more popular than Andreas. I just wouldn't combine it with another popular name but choose one that isn't in the top 100(0)

Love the combo of julian & andreas...dont worry about the popularity issue They sound great together!

I love Julian Theodore or Sebastian Theodore! They both so nicely with Andreas Peter. Don't worry about the popularity of Julian or Sebastian - I work in 2 schools, and have only met 1 Sebastian and no Julians!

Thanks everyone. I am starting to worry less about the popularity issue.

@ kyemsa- May I ask what state you live in? Here is CO Julian is very popular (like 50 something) whereas Sebastian is in the 80s. Interestingly though, my nephews name Dominic falls right between the two names in popularity and he is the only Dominic is his grade. So maybe I dont have anything to worry about.
    *Under Construction*

Hi - I live in CT - you are right, it might depend on where you live, as far as a name's popularity goes. I really like the names you are considering, though! I don't think popularity matters, as long as the names compliment each other.

Thanks, Julian and Sebastian actually both rank higher in CT then they do in CO, so that is good news. I think if I can get my boyfriend on board with Sebastian it would be first pick. Given than Andreas was his number choice, I think I can sway him to give me my number one pick.
    *Under Construction*