Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Georgianna?

Hello!

What are your thoughts on the name Georgianna? Pronounced like Georgie-Anna (that's the best way I can show it). This is a current front runner for daughter #4. My grandfather was George, so obviously an honor name.

I would actually prefer to say the name George-Anna, but when I put it together as Georgeanna, all the sites say it's pronounced like Georgina, which makes my skin crawl.

Middle name possibilities(also all honor names. AND we use double middles):

Catherine
    Margaret
    Elaine
    Mary
    Mae

Feedback appreciated!

I think Georgianna is beautiful! I love this pronunciation and the spelling is lovely too.

I think for MNs, Georgianna Catherine Mary would be beautiful, but I also like Georgianna Margaret!

What about;

Georgianna Margaret Lily
    Georgianna Florence Mae
    Georgianna Charlotte Mary
    Georgianna Olivia Elaine
    Georgianna Elizabeth Daisy
    Georgianna Harriet Daisy

Of course, I don't know your other children's names so this may be a shot-in-the-dark list of suggestions! Hopefully this helps!
    haley / ttc 2018
    alyssa dorothy ○ britney violet ○ brooke amelia ○ chrissy margaret
    heather olivia ○ kelly christina ○ melissa amy ○ jessica bluebell ○ stephanie ava ○ ashley sophia ○

aaron jacob ○ adam kenneth ○ aiden michael ○ andrew jordan
    daniel thomas ○ ethan robert ○ jake matthew ○ nathan scott ○ zachary william ○

testing out: kayla emily & katrina evelyn
    boys. / girls. / vote.

Georgeanna is actually pronounced like Georgiana, or how you spelled it Georgianna. Perhaps Georganna is the spelling and pronunciation you want (Geroge Anna). Anyways I like Georgiana, a bit long for me so I prefer Georgia or Georgette. I'm also am not a fan of Georgina. I think double barreling is the way to go if you want absolutely no pronunciation issues, though I can only guess a girl won't be too fond to have George as the first part of her name.

I like Georgianna Margaret Mae.
    Misters ♂
    Fox • Linus • Jeremiah • Casimir • Maximilian • Finnian • Clark • Damien
    Conrad • Nelson • Roger • Maxfield • Warren • Robin • Beau • John

Misses ♀
    Luna • Tallulah • Scarlett • Aileen • Genevieve • Charlotte • Nadine
    Isla • Lucille • Augusta • Modesty • Judith • Cleo • Seraphine • liesl

Quote Originally Posted by saintdollface View Post
    Georgeanna is actually pronounced like Georgiana, or how you spelled it Georgianna. Perhaps Georganna is the spelling and pronunciation you want (Geroge Anna). Anyways I like Georgiana, a bit long for me so I prefer Georgia or Georgette. I'm also am not a fan of Georgina. I think double barreling is the way to go if you want absolutely no pronunciation issues, though I can only guess a girl won't be too fond to have George as the first part of her name.

I like Georgianna Margaret Mae.
    Thank you! I suppose I can spell it whichever way and just say how it's pronounced. I just don't want to give her a name she is going to have to correct her whole life. I've always heard Georgiana pronounced with the "on-a" sound, which I am trying to avoid. My oldest Is Oriana, and I don't want them to sound the same or like I was trying to be matchy. If that even makes sense!