Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: "Just one more" ?

Hello mama Gracie! I smiled when I read your post. You seem like such a loving, caring mother and wife. I skimmed over the other replies and do not want to repeat so I will be brief. I wholeheartedly agree with everything the others said - what if it is not just ONE more? Even if it is one, it could very well be another girl. Most importantly, I do feel you BOTH need to be committed to the decision 100%.

If you decide you are ok with a 7th baby, are you open adoption? That way, you would guarantee one, and you would guarantee a boy. So many children in this world are in need of a good home and loving family, which sounds like exactly what you have. Something to consider maybe!

I too would love to hear your girls names!!!

I was told that once you have three childeren of the same sex any futre children would most likely be that same sex. My brother looked into it because his wife is one of 7 sisters, her dad always wanted a boy. I don't know the hard facts and statistics but you might want to look into it. Seems like lots of families that I know fit this trend. My next door neighbors have 5 boys under the age of 7, with one set of twins. Their youngest is 4 months, they were trying one more time for a girl, but they say they are done now!

I agree that adoption would be a great option. Wait a few years until your triplets are older or you could even adopt a child that is a little older to take some stress off the baby years. Although I am sure adopting is stressfull too! Can you imagine what a little prince he would be with 6 older sisters?!

I would like to thank each and every one of you for such thoughtful replies, it really means a lot to me :)
    I must apologise for the length of time it has taken me to get to replying- Madeleine came home with chicken pox that seemed to be going around her school and one by one the triplets caught them! :( It has been a long few weeks! As a teacher, I'm used to dealing with lots of children at once in most situations but with three babies all with chicken pox, it really took it out of me!
    I will reply to all of your lovely messages as soon as I have time- just don't want you to think I have forgotten about them! It's safe to say at the moment, my darling husband is certainly not as keen as he was for his "just one more" after having three sick nearly one year olds on his hands! :)
    For those of you who wondered about names, in order of birth I have Madeline Kate, Isabella Rose, Olivia Grace, Clementine Jane, Florence Ivy and Imogen Olive. We tend not to use their middle names often but I know you namberries like to know :)
    Thanks again, I promise I'll get back to you all!

Gracie

auburn Guest

What lovely names! And your triplets have names which sound so wonderful together - that must have been a challenge.

Of course, I am sure none of us mind your taking a while to reply - six children can't leave much spare time at all.

Good luck! Auburn

Hello ladies :)

I decided in the end, after much thought, so show my husband the post I made here and the replies you had all given. I left it in his office one evening when the girls were at my parents for the night to give us a chance to discuss it. He was, as I knew he would be, so fantastic about it all. Your replies very much helped us in our discussion and he hadn't known that I was feeling so concerned about it :) We have decided to wait and if we're blessed with one more in a few years then fantastic, but we're not going to try again :) However, based on your lovely lovely suggestions, we have come up with a few different things we want to do and for that I'd like to thank each and everyone of you. I shall write a new post thanking individuals for such wonderful suggestions and let you know how they have helped us in our decision and improved our relationship :)
    Thank you all so much.

Gracie & Scott

Based on your replies, we came up with a few things to do to ensure Scott gets his "boy stuff"done, in the midst of all these little girlies :)

Auburn- you are always so kind in all of your posts, not just to me so thank you :) We have decided to wait a few years, as you suggested, and then maybe consider that final baby :) However, your suggestion of fostering really struck a cord with us and it is something that we have looked into. We're on the way to being accepted as temporary/emergency foster parents, so we can help children when they are most in need, but not have to committ to one or more children for a very long period of time, just yet but we'll still get to be parents to boys and girl for a short while. Scott has already gone out and bought some "boy toys" as he's hoping we'll, at some point, get a little boy to look after :) When our girls are older, instead of returning to work, I have really thought carefully and think I would just love to foster :)

Rollo- It looks like our Olivia, though ever so pretty and perfect as a little girl could be, is going to be our tom boy! Instead of the ballet classes her sister's take, she goes with daddy to karate, golf and football! My best friend has triplet boys and though too young now to do much, Scott has spoken to Dan and they've decided to "swap" babies (our triplets and theirs) so he can do the "boy stuff" and Dan and his wife can do the "girl" stuff. Lol. As well as that, this weekend Scott is going away on a boys golf weekend this weekend so he's still getting his chance to do all the man things while us girls do our shopping and mani/pedis!
    I hope your grand daughter is doing well :)

Jennie- your post is actually what made me decide to print these posts off and show them to Scott and actually talk to him honestly about things :) He does love me more than the idea of a son and he told me so, after he read your reply. So thank you so very much for that. :)

Sassy- Thank you for your post :) Have you had any luck yet? I hope you have, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mum :) After showing my husband your post, he admitted he hadn't even considered it might be multiples again and the thought almost made him want to faint! It was a really good point and it really did give him something to think about.

Bex- again, your post was one of the ones that made me want to tell Scott how I felt. He had no idea he was putting any pressure on me to have another baby and he was actually quite upset when I explained how I felt. Thank you, for giving me the courage to talk to my husband :)

Danielle- Scott and I have decided we are "complete" and we know how blessed we truly truly are. Like your parents with their girls :) I mentioned above we have been accepted to foster and perhaps one day, we would like to adopt when our girls are older :) Thank you.

Mummybee- Aren't girlies just so much fun though? :) I would tell you to talk to your husband about how YOU feel about having another, trying for a boy. It certainly worked for me. :) You could maybe also consider the fostering route, if it's something you and hubby would be interested in :)

mummyto3- I must say, your post made me cry. Not in a bad way, just in a way that sort of brought it all home to me how much I AM splitting myself with my girls. Before the triplets were born, it played on my mind a lot that my other three would lose out on time with mummy and daddy but after they were born, we just muddled through. I sat down and really took on all those babysitting offers we have from friends and family and scheduled in time for Madeleine and me, Madeleine and daddy, Bella and me, Bella and Daddy and Livia and me and Livia and daddy. It IS difficult and it isn't as often as I would like but we have managed to have a mummy/daddy day with the three older girls every week, so they get one to one time at least once every three weeks with us. So thank you for that :)

Seiwf- Your post brought a tear to my eye. The triplets all had chicken pox and I was feeling like a rotten mummy and your post just really touched me. You don't know me but to say I sound like a good mum, at that time, really touched me. So thank you :)

MollyK- We are considering adoption in a few years, in the process of fostering just now :) Thank you :) My gosh, a little boy in this house with 6 mother hens clucking around him- he would be spoilt rotten!

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)
    Grace & Scott

auburn Guest

I am so glad that my suggestion helped, Gracie, and you sound so lovely and caring that I just know you'll make brilliant foster parents. It is such a wonderful thing to do, rewarding for everyone involved, and I'm sure your daughters will love having the occasional visiting child to dote on, especially a little boy!

Best wishes,
    Auburn

This reminds me of my aunt; she wanted 4 kids and also got triplets. My question when i read this, are they identical or fraternal triplets? (because it are 3 girls)

EDIT/ sorry just looked and saw the post above me. thats what i get for not noticing the second page xD