Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Impressions of the name Damian

I absolutely adore Damian. Not to mention Damien, and Damon, which I also love. As for the impression of Damian, I think of The Omen but in an offhand manner. It doesn't really matter to me; I always imagine a really handsome and cunning guy, but most of the time I always think he's got a good heart. I really like Damian. (:
    icon by soaked @ lj.

favorites - girls:

Persephone, Titania, Clementine, Margaret.

favorites - boys:

Loup, Oisin, Henry, Clovis, Gideon.

I really like Damian and Damon, as well. In fact I would consider them if they weren't so close to my own. I've never seen The Omen, but it's not like it's the name association of Carrie.

I love Damian! I will admit when I've mentioned this name to other people they do make the movie connection. Dominic is a favorite of mine too :)
    Dorian is another name I love and it sounds similar to Damian. Like Damian, it could have an unfavorable association, Dorian Gray. I actually really love Dorian Gray as a combo and have wondered if it would be unwise to use this combo on a child.

I wouldn't let the the movie Omen dissuade you from using Damien if you really love it.

its my husbands name! except Damien.
    his mum watched the Omen the nite before having him :)
    he was not a difficult child either!
    im fairly sure a name doesnt make a kid 'difficult' or evil!

spotlightstarlit Guest

I ADORE the name Damian, I think it has a ruggedly poetic sense to it and letting pop culture affect you- you'de be left with very few names. Name him this if YOU love it.