Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
    I really like the name Mara, but it means "bitter". I still think I would consider it regardless of the negative meaning, but still. I'd feel bad giving that name to my daughter.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

This one wouldn't be as much offensive as it would be stupid. Malheureuse (or the male form 'Malheureux') is one of my favourite words and whenever I say it out loud, I think of what a great girls name it would be (especially with the nickname "Mal"). However, naming a child "miserable" is too much of a stretch for me
    Zelia • 20s • Exporting names from Greenland & Inuit mythology
    Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Henry Ásgeirr Ivik • Asa Bjørnstjerne Jem • Nor Valdemar Olórin • Marcel Endymion Sejr • Julian Saxo Dante

Vilde Ivalo Zenobia • Asta Cosima Gro • Léa Ingrid Cleopatra • Aviaaja Lúthien Cléo "Avi" • Vicky Noor Galadriel • Gro Anouk Regitze

And currently loving: Edison, Pemba, Sander, Ville, Johanna, Juliane, Liv, Madicken, Nanna, Saga

I like the name Jezebel, but like others said, it has evil connections, so I'll probably never use it. Same goes for Delilah.
    Madison, 14-year-old name nerd! My style is all over the place, my favorites change all the time.

Boys: David, Eric, Finlay, George, James, Jude, Lee, Michael, Paul, Richard, Rory.

Girls: Emmanuelle, Frederica, Jayne, Juliet, Lauren, Mary, Molly, Nora, Raffaela, Stella.

My daughter's name is Pandora Hope. I call her Panda, Panda bear, and Panda-roo . I have gotten compliments and criticism.... I can see it either way but as a parent I will raise her to be proud of her nontraditional name and own it. Originally her name was not intended to be linked to the myth but I just could not find a more fitting middle name <3 it was perfect (to me)

I like Nyani for a girl, but it means baboon in Swahili. So probably not the best choice.