View Poll Results: Which prn. for Seren?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Say-ren

0 0%
  • SUH-ren

5 4.59%
  • Seh-ren

56 51.38%
  • Sair-ehn (like Karen but with an S)

46 42.20%
  • Sair-een

1 0.92%
  • Other (comment, please)

1 0.92%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Pronouncing Seren?

I think the name Seren is really pretty and it means "Star." (Which could be an alternative to Stella.) I was wondering how y'all like it pronounced and/or how you first read it. On it's nb profile it has the pronounceation has it as Seh-ren but reading the comments some others pronounced it differently; like Sair-ehn. What are y'all's thoughts?
    All I want in life is to be a mother but I'm not a mom or even pregnant, just a daydreamer.

Baby Girls: Adeline, Anastasia, Beverly, Clarisse, Cordelia, Delaney, Dahlia, Dakota, Eve, Eloise, Iris, Maisie, Maeve, Oakley, Odessa, Texas, Waverly.

Baby Boys: Augustus, Archibald, Callum, Drew, Everest, Easton, Graham, Harrison, Jack, Kitt, Miles, Rhys, Roman, Spencer, Shepherd.

I read a book with this name in it, and I'm pretty sure it was pronounced "Seh-ren"...
    Rachel ♥️ Alexander 👫
    Fiona Mae 👶🏼
    Baby #2 due January 2018
    Tucker & Ellie 🐾🐾

I thought it was SEH-ren but I'm open to being corrected by a Welsh person. I pronounce Karen with the first syllable like a in cat. Is the Kair-en pronunciation a US accent thing? I don't think I've ever come across someone saying Kair-en for Karen.

SEH-ren is what I have heard. A native Welsh speaker would roll the R.

Karen sounds pretty different in a UK accent than in a North American accent.

I would say SEH-ruhn, and agree with the comments about Karen. I say Ka (like in cat)-ruhn, not Kair-ruhn, but I'm in the UK. I do have a name on my list (I came across in a book) similar to Seren and that rhymes with Karen, spelt Saren.
    Jam|Fangirl|Historian|Biochemist|Single Pringle|19|Future mummy
    Dreaming of...
    Evanthe Rosalind Lyra • Zenobia Sybil Hermione • Marigold Sylvia Ann • Lavender • Guinevere • Amadea
    Pandora Beatrix Fae • Caspian Sherlock Walter • Artemis Clio Elizabeth • Ptolemy Lysander George
    Horatio Phoenix Arthur • Nikolai Emrys Altair • Prosper William Kit • Indigo • August • Cedrick
    Timelords • Timeladies
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."